WHy hasn't anyone seen this FAQ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Some of it's pretty funny, but the nature of it makes the author a hypocrite.

Lol. I love this.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

lmao. never saw it til now.
incidentally if you do a quick search, the author "JKDMed" is sdn poster "HooahDOc" who went to pcom-ga and is now a pgy3 in military medicine/psychiatry in hawaii.

It was all funny until this one:
21) Q: I'm 42 and married, and just now entering medical school. I've spent my whole life improving grades, retaking the MCAT, shadowing, volunteering, and researching to finally get to where I am today. It was long and hard, but I'm finally in! Am I not an inspiration to premeds everywhere?

A: Congratulations on your hard work! Now when you get out of residency, you can practice for 10 years before you die. You're a douche bag who's wasted a decade trying to fulfill his own dreams when he should have accepted defeat and started supporting his family by finding a decent-paying career, rather than forcing his wife to work two jobs to support your ass. Look on the bright side: at least your impending death after residency will get you out of those student loans.

:thumbdown:thumbdown

21) Q: I'm 42 and married, and just now entering medical school. I've spent my whole life improving grades, retaking the MCAT, shadowing, volunteering, and researching to finally get to where I am today. It was long and hard, but I'm finally in! Am I not an inspiration to premeds everywhere?

A: Congratulations on your hard work! Now when you get out of residency, you can practice for 10 years before you die. You're a douche bag who's wasted a decade trying to fulfill his own dreams when he should have accepted defeat and started supporting his family by finding a decent-paying career, rather than forcing his wife to work two jobs to support your ass. Look on the bright side: at least your impending death after residency will get you out of those student loans.

The response is directed at the comment I bolded in the question. It's because of this statement that elicited the rash answer.

Sorry, I'm going to agree while this (and the one about being a mom) are a bit harsh, it is still funny and more than a bit honest.

Anyone over the age of 35 that has applied to medical school and claims they have NOT stopped to look in the mirror and ask if the cost to their spouse/kids/checkbook is worth it is lying.

Doesn't make it right or wrong to do this, but does mean those not walking the same path haven't a clue what the decision really is like.

Only got to the second line and started laughing hysterically.

"Hi Bob! You're a Dick!"

:laugh:

Sorry, I'm going to agree while this (and the one about being a mom) are a bit harsh, it is still funny and more than a bit honest.

Anyone over the age of 35 that has applied to medical school and claims they have NOT stopped to look in the mirror and ask if the cost to their spouse/kids/checkbook is worth it is lying.

Doesn't make it right or wrong to do this, but does mean those not walking the same path haven't a clue what the decision really is like.

Agreed.

I alternate between praying for interviews and wondering if I'm a bad mom for wanting to take my time away from my kids.

Friggin' parent guilt :mad:.

That's one helluva keeper. Great stuff. LOL.

Sent to my buddy that's an OMS-1.

Pissed all over himself.

I'm guilty of some of the things in that FAQ. Sometimes you just gotta step back and laugh at yourself.

Am I the only one that doesn't agree with #40??

The MD/BS people at my undergrad kick back, party, and have the greatest time of their lives because they don't have to take an MCAT and only need to retain a 3.5 GPA.

Agreed.

I alternate between praying for interviews and wondering if I'm a bad mom for wanting to take my time away from my kids.

Friggin' parent guilt :mad:.

You are not a bad mom.

Living out the rest of your life in regret and depression would make you a worse mom.

Am I the only one that doesn't agree with #40??

The MD/BS people at my undergrad kick back, party, and have the greatest time of their lives because they don't have to take an MCAT and only need to retain a 3.5 GPA.

I agree.

The ones I knew had to get a 27 MCAT (with unlimited tries) and had to keep a 3.3 cumulative and a 3.0 science.

Most of the time they busted their humps and Aced pre-reqs to TOTALLY chill out junior and senior year getting B's and C's.

I can't imagine much more bliss than that. :p

I have to agree with JKMed on this one. If you're 40 years old and trying for med school then you are not only neglecting to take care of your family, but you're taking a spot away from a qualified 20 year old kid who can work for 5 times the amount of time you can and now (s)he has to waste a year and money on reapplying.

All because your selfish ass couldn't pick a different career. You'll live in depression if you do anything but practice medicine? Gimme a break. :mad: