Why I'm Depressed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PT Dad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Several thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel , "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land."
Nearly 75 years ago, (when Welfare was introduced) Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land."
Today, the government has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement funds, and everything...I called a Suicide Hotline. I had to press 1 for English. I was connected to a call center...in Pakistan . I told them I was suicidal. They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck. What a world!

Members don't see this ad.

Several thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel , "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land."
Nearly 75 years ago, (when Welfare was introduced) Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land."
Today, the government has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement funds, and everything...I called a Suicide Hotline. I had to press 1 for English. I was connected to a call center...in Pakistan . I told them I was suicidal. They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck. What a world!

Thanks, PTDad.

Kevin

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
That's what I call original content.

Don't worry PTDad. You're not alone. Someone else felt the same way you did two years ago in January 2011:

I hope they didn't do anything drastic back then. In the past two years there have been considerable improvements in unemployment--as well as housing and stock markets.

But now that you bring it up, I'm sick and tired of high taxes. I think I'll move to Ghana. The individual rate maxes out at 25%!

FREEDOM!!!!

I stand corrected then. I haven't been to ebaum's world in years.