Why is it so hard to get an entry-level job in regulatory affairs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Farmacist666

Reaction score
I've literally been searching everywhere for a job in RA, or really anywhere in the industry, but they want experience even for entry-level positions. Does anyone have tips on how I can break in? I didn't get into any fellowships, unfortunately. I don't mind taking a pay cut as long as I can get my foot in the door. I need to make a resume but barely have any industry-related experience. However, there are entry-level positions and people are getting hired. What skills would look good on a resume for RA? And finally, should I take the RAC exam without any prior experience in RA?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly what annoys me is the descriptions that say 0-2 years of experience required or even NO experience required like if you want experience just say so so I dont waste time

Reactions: 1 user
Nobody wants to train a noob from scratch, and you gotta have some experience to break in.

You need to consider fellowship or getting a degree in RA with internships. No company can afford to hire someone who has no experience interacting with FDA to ruin their relationships & time-line.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've literally been searching everywhere for a job in RA, or really anywhere in the industry, but they want experience even for entry-level positions. Does anyone have tips on how I can break in? I didn't get into any fellowships, unfortunately. I don't mind taking a pay cut as long as I can get my foot in the door. I need to make a resume but barely have any industry-related experience. However, there are entry-level positions and people are getting hired. What skills would look good on a resume for RA? And finally, should I take the RAC exam without any prior experience in RA?
I tried for one year straight to get in. I got interview but never end up getting job. What I have noticed that they would rather hire with someone with actual experience or degree. They rather hire masters graduates than pharmD. And fellowship is quickest way to get in.

You realize you are also competing with people that have masters in Pharmaceutical science, lawyers, and medical doctors right?

Reactions: 1 users