Why is your top choice school your "top choice"?

Dentgrl2984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Moved this topic to the pre-dental section which is where I thought I originally posted it...lol

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Really depends on what you are looking for in your professional career. Depending on that, you search for a school that can give you the best foundations for it and also you look for a school that matches with you in personality and character.

Members don't see this ad :)
Clinical or research focus for me. I want to be in private practice at some point so I didn't even bother applying to some of the research based schools (Columbia, etc).
After that it comes down to the general atmosphere I felt and whether I felt like they were trying to 'hide' something from me on the tour. Believe it or not, of the three schools I've interviewed seemed 'sketchy' and didn't feel right... Like they were trying to hide something from me that I wouldn't find out about until after starting.
After those two, if two schools are clinically focused and have a comfortable atmosphere then it just comes down to cost for me: in-state or out-of-state.
Hope this helps

Reactions: 1 user
My top choice was heavily influenced by location and their mission statement. All of my schools are areas that fit my personality and musical influence; I needed trees and mountains to climb while having an active musical community.

But it will honestly come down to which university offers an acceptance letter.

Reactions: 1 user