Why Midwestern Dental School? advice please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dapencil

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm filling out the supp app for MWU and I'm having prob with one of the question they ask on the application, why do you wish to attend MWU. I 've been in US only for few years and never got a chance to travel anywhere so i don't know much about school in AZ state. I looked through the catalog but i couldn't find any specific reason why...( beside they have high passing rate for students taking their board exams)
could anyone please give me some ideas what to put down?
Thank you so much for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Dude its a simple question. If you can't answer it I'd be more concerned with how you're going to interview and come up with any answer on the fly.

Reactions: 1 users
Dude its a simple question. If you can't answer it I'd be more concerned with how you're going to interview and come up with any answer on the fly.

Really dude? Get over yourself, either help out a fellow pre-dent or don't post at all.
I'm interested in an answer too, when I wrote my BU secondary, I did research on their website. I'm gonna do the same this weekend on Midwestern's website.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Really dude? Get over yourself, either help out a fellow pre-dent or don't post at all.
I'm interested in an answer too, when I wrote my BU secondary, I did research on their website. I'm gonna do the same this weekend on Midwestern's website.

Maybe he was a little bit rude, but he's right. How is someone else supposed to answer why a dental school would be right for you? You even said it yourself, doing a quick 10 minute search on the schools website or in the ADEA guide to see what makes them unique is all it takes.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes maybe I'm being a bit rude. But at this stage of your life you should be able to answer something like why do you want to go to a school. You're applying for school which will make you a doctor. This is the big leagues. You will eventually be liscenced and allowed to stick sharp objects into people's mouths. And if you mess up, no one's going to be there to fall back on. Sorry for going off its been a long week but I keep seeing all these posts asking questions that make me seriously nervous about the next group of applications.

Reactions: 4 users
Every school has high pass rates. Nothing unique there.

Just from glancing at the link above, I'll correct/update on a couple of points there: There is a director of research and some legit stuff is going on. So while still a clinically focused school, research is available, encouraged, and funded. As for diversity, if you're planning to walk in and base diversity off skin color, you will be disappointed. If you're going to actually mingle and get to know people you will find that there's quite a bit of diversity. Yes, there's a white hue to pretty much all dental classes that have come through. But I wouldn't call it lacking in diversity.

I like how the 3rd and 4th year dental students get to pair up and work together (one would be operating one will be assisting) instead of working alone like in most dental schools.

Yes maybe I'm being a bit rude. But at this stage of your life you should be able to answer something like why do you want to go to a school. You're applying for school which will make you a doctor. This is the big leagues. You will eventually be liscenced and allowed to stick sharp objects into people's mouths. And if you mess up, no one's going to be there to fall back on. Sorry for going off its been a long week but I keep seeing all these posts asking questions that make me seriously nervous about the next group of applications.

Welcome to SDN

Reactions: 3 users
Go because it has hands down the hottest girls out of any of the schools. Go to their FB Class Pages and check it out. I remember their Class of 2017 is totally rockin it.

Reactions: 2 users
Go because it has hands down the hottest girls out of any of the schools. Go to their FB Class Pages and check it out. I remember their Class of 2017 is totally rockin it.
Probably the best reason to attend any school.

Reactions: 1 user

Thats what Miley Cyrus would say lol

joking aside, I seriously do think MidwesternU has the hottest girls hands down.

Releasing a 2015 calendar to raise money for oral cancer. You'll love July.

Reactions: 3 users
Releasing a 2015 calendar to raise money for oral cancer. You'll love July.
Where is this calendar and how do I get it. Are they wearing bikinis?
I WANT THAT CALENDAR!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Where is this calendar and how do I get it. Are they wearing bikinis?
I WANT THAT CALENDAR!

Thanks.

It's AZ. Bikini weather year-round...as long as the color matches your class' scrub color.