Why NOT the USMLE transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gordon Sims

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
All of my documents are available for programs to download. I've noticed a couple programs download everything BUT the USMLE transcript only to retrieve it separately at a later time/ date. What gives, aprogdirector?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about you, but when I submitted everything, there was ~10-hour lag between my USMLE transcripts and everything else being uploaded to the post office (USMLE transcripts being uploaded later...a friend of mine still doesn't have his USMLE uploaded for some reason). As a result, a few programs have everything downloaded except my USMLE transcripts. All other programs had logged in and downloaded everything, then logged in again later and downloaded my USMLE once it became available. I'm assuming the few programs that didn't get my USMLE the first time around simply haven't logged in again for a subsequent download.

Not sure how accurate this is, but I saw on another thread that when a program logs on, everything from everyone applying to that program is downloaded to their database automatically...so it's not like they're selectively avoiding you because they didn't get your USMLE the first time around.

I don't know about you, but when I submitted everything, there was ~10-hour lag between my USMLE transcripts and everything else being uploaded to the post office (USMLE transcripts being uploaded later...a friend of mine still doesn't have his USMLE uploaded for some reason). As a result, a few programs have everything downloaded except my USMLE transcripts. All other programs had logged in and downloaded everything, then logged in again later and downloaded my USMLE once it became available. I'm assuming the few programs that didn't get my USMLE the first time around simply haven't logged in again for a subsequent download.

Not sure how accurate this is, but I saw on another thread that when a program logs on, everything from everyone applying to that program is downloaded to their database automatically...so it's not like they're selectively avoiding you because they didn't get your USMLE the first time around.

Thanks for your thoughts and I know that there isn't any selective avoidance going on. I just find it odd that even though all of my docs were uploaded and available on Sept. 1, a couple programs that downloaded my application materials today (Sept. 3) did so except for my USMLE transcript. I'm sure they'll get to it sooner or later. I was just curious as to why that would happen.

just out of curiosity... for the programs that downloaded everything but the usmle transcript (since it went up couple days after 9/1/10), would the PD filter me out since the score isn't there, thus assuming not make the cut off?

just out of curiosity... for the programs that downloaded everything but the usmle transcript (since it went up couple days after 9/1/10), would the PD filter me out since the score isn't there, thus assuming not make the cut off?

According to gutonc in this thread, programs can't choose what they download from you since it happens automatically. So if they've already downloaded some of your stuff, they can't "filter" you out...they'll get your scores once they log into ERAS.

What's the lag time for USMLE transcript being uploaded to ERAS after submission for this week?

It seems like I have been having the same issue with a number of places where they download everything except the USMLE transcript.

I don't know what's behind it, except I know that my USMLE transcript has been uploaded (and downloaded by other programs).

Perhaps we are being screened out (I'm a US-IMG), or perhaps its a computer program issue.

I guess we'll see!

I'm having same issue. Even though my USMLE transcript is available and most of the programs are downloading everything, there are few programs who have downloaded from ERAS after my transcript, and have downloaded everything but my USMLE transcript. I also wonder if that means we are screened out from those programs based on something? Has anyone figured it out yet? Any threads from past which have addressed this issue?

I'm an AMG and have noticed a similar phenomenon - for some programs there seems to be a 12-24h delay between the USMLE transcript and everything else. A few programs downloaded the USMLE transcript first by a few minutes - but it is always at a different time from everything else in the app. I wouldn't worry about it too much - just check back in a day or 2 to make sure they did eventually download it.