Will getting work experience, audits, courses and going to conferences about radiology in the UK hel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucheeee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will getting work experience, audits, courses and going to conferences about radiology in the UK help my chances/CV when applying for residency for radiology in the USA?

I am a US citizen but went to medical school overseas. I have done the Step 1 but have failed attempts in the rest. My plan is to first finish the steps but also work in the UK to gain work experience as a doctor and attend many courses and conferences in radiology as possible. I have read that US based experience and observership are the way to go but I just want to know if my plan is somewhat okay too?

Members don't see this ad.

Will getting work experience, audits, courses and going to conferences about radiology in the UK help my chances/CV when applying for residency for radiology in the USA?

I am a US citizen but went to medical school overseas. I have done the Step 1 but have failed attempts in the rest. My plan is to first finish the steps but also work in the UK to gain work experience as a doctor and attend many courses and conferences in radiology as possible. I have read that US based experience and observership are the way to go but I just want to know if my plan is somewhat okay too?
You’ll have a hard road and no, I don’t think going to radiology conferences will help your chances. Radiology related publications and research experience will. Seek these out.