Will i be granted with student visa with such conditions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slashingblade

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm a student, age 19, from malaysia. I'm infected with syphilis and herpes. I got my medication for syphilis around the last june and the titre went down from 1:16 to 1:8. I'd applied for a student visa but till now, i haven't got my visa approved. Therefore, i'd like to know whether i'll be granted with the visa with my current medical result. Is there anything that i'll be requried to do or is there anything i need to know? Thanks for helping.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey slashingblade! Congrats on ur med offer (which uni was it btw?)! Visa applications with such a condition may be a little difficult....u may hav to differ 1 yr to get it treated.

tkdwhiz1188 said:
Hey slashingblade! Congrats on ur med offer (which uni was it btw?)! Visa applications with such a condition may be a little difficult....u may hav to differ 1 yr to get it treated.

Well, i din really intend to do med. But by the way, i'm going to Uni Melb. Err.. my syphilis is considered treated. But as for herpes, it's uncurable, right? So, what should i do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, i din really intend to do med

Erm...i'm confused. So u were going to unimelb to do sth else?

But as for herpes, it's uncurable, right? So, what should i do?

I guess u've gotta wait n see. i'm sry tt i'm not much help here...

tkdwhiz1188 said:
Erm...i'm confused. So u were going to unimelb to do sth else?

I guess u've gotta wait n see. i'm sry tt i'm not much help here...

i want to do engineering over there.. yeah.. guess the only thing i can do now is just wait... haih...

slashingblade said:
Hi, i'm a student, age 19, from malaysia. I'm infected with syphilis and herpes. I got my medication for syphilis around the last june and the titre went down from 1:16 to 1:8. I'd applied for a student visa but till now, i haven't got my visa approved. Therefore, i'd like to know whether i'll be granted with the visa with my current medical result. Is there anything that i'll be requried to do or is there anything i need to know? Thanks for helping.

Hi, yeah, herpes is incurable; you can only control it. Are you sure you need to submit to STD testing? As far as I know, most go for just a routine physical and a chest X-ray (and hep B for the health courses students). Best thing to do : call up the australian embassy.

porkchop said:
Hi, yeah, herpes is incurable; you can only control it. Are you sure you need to submit to STD testing? As far as I know, most go for just a routine physical and a chest X-ray (and hep B for the health courses students). Best thing to do : call up the australian embassy.

Well, they dun need the test actually, but i'm so stupid that i hand them my report... making things complicated. I actually emailed the student visa help desk, but they seems not happy to receive my mail. They even warn me that replying my mail will take time away from processing my visa... terrible.

I am not too sure if syphillus will present a problem, but if you are HIV + or have Hepatitis B or C, in some fields you cannot legally work in Australia. Those two diseases can be transmitted through exposure to blood. Syphillus is strictly sexually transimitted, unless you plan to have sex with your patients, I doubt they would be put at risk. The DIMIA is anal retentive about health exams, they don't want free riders taking advantage of the country's excellent health care system.

Thanks everyone... Just got my visa yesterday, and i'll be travelling to melbourne today. Phew, i'm relief... Anything that i should know after reaching melbourne? i mean about my health issue. Thanks again.