Will I get an interview after Kira assessment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SweetTooth07

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the Kira assessment for UNLV and I didn't do that well. For the first couple questions, i was confident and felt I did a good job answering them, but the last three I feel like I repeated myself a lot and was just rambling and saying "umm" a lot. Would this look really bad and I won't get an in person interview from making these mistakes?

Members don't see this ad.

I just took the Kira assessment for UNLV and I didn't do that well. For the first couple questions, i was confident and felt I did a good job answering them, but the last three I feel like I repeated myself a lot and was just rambling and saying "umm" a lot. Would this look really bad and I won't get an in person interview from making these mistakes?
The past is the past, just gotta let it go and move on and hope for the best. Can’t do much about it now. Keep looking ahead to other schools and interviews and don’t look too deep into this. I thought I answered my CASPER responses horribly and felt I could have done better but I did just fine when the scores were released. I’m sure you did better than you think

Reactions: 1 users
The Kira Talent assessment is different for every school in how it is implemented, so you will need other respondents from the current year to let us know during and after the cycle is over. It should be considered as an MMI audition that is reviewed by faculty adcom members who will grade candidates internally (meaning you won't get a score, unlike Casper). Every school will be looking for different things so it is difficult to comment on your chances (positive or negative).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they look at it holistically and also see how you think on your feet.

How was the test overall? I was planning on taking it tomorrow. Best of luck to you!!!

How was the test overall? I was planning on taking it tomorrow. Best of luck to you!!!
The test was actually pretty easy. I just got nervous. I feel like in person is way better than seeing a recording of yourself. My advice is to not look at yourself on the screen and look at the camera and talk slow. It they asked basic interview questions and just want to get to know you. They didn’t ask questions like “if you can be any animal which would you choose and why”

Reactions: 1 user

Also do the practice tests As many times as you need to and watch your recordings. Look for things like if you don’t keep eye contact or if you say umm a lot And try working on that. Best of luck to you as well!!

Reactions: 1 users