Will I have to re-take English?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thirdunity

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took English 101 (grade: B) at 19, in a junior college, when I wasn't such a good student.

Some time later, I took English 102 (Grade: A).

The point to all this is, though, is that I see that many med schools list English as one of the prereq classes, and these were both over ten years ago - I notice there's some issue as to *when* you took the classes.

Members don't see this ad.

thirdunity said:
I took English 101 (grade: B) at 19, in a junior college, when I wasn't such a good student.

Some time later, I took English 102 (Grade: A).

The point to all this is, though, is that I see that many med schools list English as one of the prereq classes, and these were both over ten years ago - I notice there's some issue as to *when* you took the classes.

Some schools due list a specific recency limit for prereqs. They don't specify if that applies to the english, so you would probably have to call them and ask if you are interested in applying to any of those schools.

My english classes were over 10 years old as well. As were my Gen Chem and Physics prereqs. Wasn't a problem anywhere I applied.

I doubt you will have to retake english.

doubt it. if it's on your transcript. you might want to call and be sure though.

Some of my pre req classes are now about 10 years old.. none of the med schools I applied to had issue with this. I hadn't even thought about the time since I took it actually. But to be safe you could do what the others have said and call to make sure.