will it be possible to apply to UCLA and Drew simultaneously?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenroses

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Additionally, how does one apply to the PRIME programs? Are they exclusively for minorities?

Members don't see this ad.

Prime programs are not exclusively for minorities. They are for anyone who wishes to work with the underserved. Someone in the PrimeLC program at UCI told me that there are a significant number of ORMs in their class. But there are additional requiremenrs you need to watch out for. For instance, the prime LC program interview at UCI is held in Spanish. There are substantial number of whites in the program though so yeah.

Prime programs are not exclusively for minorities. They are for anyone who wishes to work with the underserved. Someone in the PrimeLC program at UCI told me that there are a significant number of ORMs in their class. But there are additional requiremenrs you need to watch out for. For instance, the prime LC program interview at UCI is held in Spanish. There are substantial number of whites in the program though so yeah.

I also think I just realized one can only apply to one program for UCLA. For the other UCs, one, I believe, has to pick a specific program as well.

I am interested in working with the underserved as well and I imagine the stats for the PRIME programs are also slightly lower than regular admission. Would you happen to know?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also think I just realized one can only apply to one program for UCLA. For the other UCs, one, I believe, has to pick a specific program as well.

I am interested in working with the underserved as well and I imagine the stats for the PRIME programs are also slightly lower than regular admission. Would you happen to know?
You may apply to both programs they are evaluated independently.

For Prime LC at UCI you need to be granted an interview at UCI before prime LC can grant you an interview. On your regular application to UCI there is a box you can tick indicating you'd like to be considered for PrimeLC. Its its own process in addition to the regular process.