Will my acceptance be rescinded? Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1162146

Resolved.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best you can do is send the transcripts now and admit to the error. I don't think anyone will rescind your acceptance over a small mistake like this.
I know lots of postbacs who took a class through a non-accredited program, and didn't realize that amcas still technically requires those transcripts. They are now about to complete M1.

Reactions: 3 users
The best you can do is send the transcripts now and admit to the error. I don't think anyone will rescind your acceptance over a small mistake like this.
I know lots of postbacs who took a class through a non-accredited program, and didn't realize that amcas still technically requires those transcripts. They are now about to complete M1.
Should I email the admission office directly to explain this or wait for them to contact me regarding this mistake?

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I email the admission office directly to explain this or wait for them to contact me regarding this mistake?
I would email them personally. Then there is no way they could perceive that you were 'hiding' it. I doubt they will care though- its a couple of A's and B's from when you were <18yo

Reactions: 1 users
I would email them personally. Then there is no way they could perceive that you were 'hiding' it. I doubt they will care though- its a couple of A's and B's from when you were <18yo
Just wanted to say OP it's awesome that you figured this out now, good on you for being proactive!

There is no chance that this will result in your acceptance being rescinded. Just send them a quick email saying you realized the issue and that you'll submit the transcript ASAP

Reactions: 4 users
There is no chance that this will result in your acceptance being rescinded. Just send them a quick email saying you realized the issue and that you'll submit the transcript ASAP
Will do, thank you! Hoping for the best :)

Reactions: 1 user
Just curious, would changes like these need to go through the adcom meeting again to reevaluate acceptance? Or is it something that the dean of admission just decides upon themselves?
The answer to any question about "what would happen at a specific school" is that it depends, and the process might be different from one school to the next. But the bottom line is that nobody is going to care, so the process that they take to arrive on the decision that they don't care doesn't matter--the result is going to be the same that you're going to keep your admission.

Reactions: 1 user