Technology Windows Mobile Messaging Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chad5871

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to find an application for my Windows Mobile smartphone that will make my SMS messaging look like the iPhone's messaging system. I have a similar program that makes my Contacts look like the iPhone. Anyone know of anything?

apple-iphone-18.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

You can change the SMS application on your phone?? I didn't know that was possible.

Sounds like you wanted an iPhone, or do you just like the layout slickness? :D

I just like the slickness. I have Windows Mobile 6.1, which comes with threaded SMS, but it's pretty ugly... I've seen a couple of other programs available, but I really like the way the iPhone handles SMS.

Plus I have Sprint (I have a sweet plan and only pay $20/month because I used to work at Best Buy in Wireless) so no Sprint for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a Palm Centro, and it doesn't draw the cartoon balloon thingies that the iPhone (and iChat) does, but it's easy enough to follow without 'em. Is Windows Mobile that different? :confused:

I have a Palm Centro, and it doesn't draw the cartoon balloon thingies that the iPhone (and iChat) does, but it's easy enough to follow without 'em. Is Windows Mobile that different? :confused:

No. It's not so much a functional thing as it is a visual thing. I just want something that looks cool.

This is what the WinMo threaded SMS looks like:

photos-whats-new-windows-mobile-61_3.jpg

I checked it out, and it looks like the program just syncs your information to the online server, and you only get the messages in that interface when you access them from your computer.

I'm looking for a program to install on the smartphone itself... something like this (http://www.mykesoft.com/textr/) but with an iPhone-like interface.

It may not exist. :(