Winston-Salem State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjh8956

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone attending Winston-Salem state, there program starts in Jan 2011. They are saying that the program will have its first DPT class starting at that time. Right now they are still MPT. For there MPT class their passing rate is above 95% which is really good. Also a lot of their students come out with several job offers and have published papers.

Has anyone else heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

That's great they are moving to the DPT. If their tuition doesn't increase, that will make them the cheapest program (in-state at least) I know of. I grew up in Winston-Salem and it's really evolving into a nice place to live.

Yep, the Doctorate Program has just been approved. They have also written into the program to transition the other two classes that are going right now. They probably won't make it official until they finalize all the details, as the program just got a huge grant that was specifically written for the Master's Program, so I'm assuming they want to spend all the money first for the program.

But you can find out more here..

http://www.wssu.edu/wssu

Members don't see this ad :)
That is great! I really like NC, and also a lot of what Winston Salem has to offer. I have heard great things about there program, and I am going to visit next week. I can not wait to see the program. I think it will be a good fit for me.

For what they are offering, and the collaborative facilities they have with WFU, it is a STEAL. It is 1 of 2 programs in the nation with a human simulation laboratory. Only other school that has that in the nation is Stanford.