General Admissions & OTCAS Winston Salmon State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arich

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am applying for OT schools this upcoming fall and was wondering if someone could tell me about Winston-Salem State University? I looked at the website and it looks like a very cool program!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interested as well, so consider this a bump! (And to be honest, I loved the "Winston Salmon" :) )

I would love to move South and North Carolina seems pretty doable. What draws you towards their program?

I am also planning to apply to Winston Salem! If anyone knows anything of their program, please let me know as well!!

I went to a WSSU information session a few weeks ago, since I just applied there as well!

They had a very strong emphasis on community outreach and involvement which was really cool. Some other highlights were that they provide you with four level 1 field experiences, you will work on a capstone research project, they utilize a mobile clinic to go into the community, and they offer a fellowship program that can help you fund your OT school expenses.

They also only look at your Analytical Writing GRE score (no math or reading!) and have a couple of international fieldwork sites as well. They plan to not send any acceptance letters until March though.

Hope this helps y'all :)

Reactions: 1 users