Wisconsin at Cornell... quota filled?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sag327

guitarzan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was checking out some of the class websites for WMC online, and I came across a photo of three people with the words "On wisconsin!" written above them. being from Wisconsin, and most likely heading to WMC next year, my attention was grabbed...

could it be there's a Wisconsin presence at Cornell? If so, is there any doubt that this presence is solely accountable for the excellent reputation of WMC?? It's all coming together now...

http://class2007.med.cornell.edu/images/mugz/small39.gif

Members don't see this ad.

let's face it, wisconsin sucks.

go gophers.

go gophers.

Hmmm...I agree to the first half of what you said. But I'd like to add my own spin to the second:

GO CATS!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by hockebob

go gophers.

I'm sorry... I seem to have forgotten...

how many pro wrestlers has Wisconsin had as governor?

touch?... although, it's disappointing that he seems to represent the political legacy of a state which has produced one vice-president and two of the seven democratic presidential nominees in the past forty years.

that being said, perhaps a former pro wrestler (and Navy SEAL) makes a better governor than some corrupt political insider (doesn't seem to be the case, but just maybe).

anyway, what, aside from a whole hell of a lot of cheese and pathetic basketball and baseball franchises, has wisconsin produced in the past thirty years?

i repeat:
go gophers

anyway, what, aside from a whole hell of a lot of cheese and pathetic basketball and baseball franchises, has wisconsin produced in the past thirty years?

.....Yeah, Because Minnesota's contributions are evident everywhere. Face it dood, UW is always going to be a better school than UMTC. End of discussion.

And! And! And!
Minnesota = worthless. Just look at the:
Vikes
Twins
Wild

Take your jock and go home, little girl.

ON WISCONSIN!

well, let's see:

vikes = yes, crappy. but i don't see favre winning any more superbowls for the pack

wild = almost made it to the stanley cup last year, need i say more?

twins = made it to the playoffs, but most importantly, finished better than LAST (won the al central, in fact) and had a record better than .500!

wolves = best team in the western conference

gophers football = better bowl game than the badgers and they WON

gophers hockey = swept wisco two weekends ago (although i admit that the badgers sweep of und this past weekend was pretty impressive)

aside from promega and a couple other tech companies in madison, the only real business activity in wisconsin seems to center around beer (but i won't knock that since leinenkugel's is by far my favorite)

as for the universities, wisconsin is probably better both academically and in terms of the campus, however, i don't go to UMTC so i don't really care and, in the long run, it doesn't make up for the fact that WISCONSIN SUCKS.

:)

as for the universities, wisconsin is probably better both academically and in terms of the campus.

Thanks for ending the discussion for us pro-Wisconsonites. Argueing about the merits of a state is pointless. Sort of like your reason to contribute to this thread.

I think it's time we all embrace our Midwest values and call this one a tie...

there's just too much of this Midwest on Midwest hatred going on. We've got to unite, brothers!

<sniff> deal...? <sniff>

pointlessness is reason enough. however, i will concede a tie.

they're both better than iowa!

Originally posted by sag327
So I was checking out some of the class websites for WMC online, and I came across a photo of three people with the words "On wisconsin!" written above them. being from Wisconsin, and most likely heading to WMC next year, my attention was grabbed...

could it be there's a Wisconsin presence at Cornell? If so, is there any doubt that this presence is solely accountable for the excellent reputation of WMC?? It's all coming together now...

http://class2007.med.cornell.edu/images/mugz/small39.gif
:laugh: Yes, for some reason that no one has an answer for, we have healthy representation in our class from the land of Beer and Cheese, with 3 University of Wisconsin grads (more than Princeton, Duke, or Emory) and maybe 5-6 people actually from the state of Wisconsin in a class of 103 people.

If anything, I say all these midwesterners are bringing down our class ;)