Withdraw from other schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oink

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got into a school I want to go to and I want to withdraw my seat from another school. I have two weeks to pay the deposit and I want to wait at least a week just incase I hear from other schools that I'm waitlisted at. However, the tuition from the school I want to withdraw from is due in a few days, and I don't want to pay that if I'm not attending that school. Will I risk anything if I withdraw from the other school right away?

Also, should I withdraw by calling the school or writing a formal email?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is a little hard to follow but tell me if I'm wrong:

School A - Just accepted, have two weeks to pay deposit.

School B - Already accepted and paid deposit, tuition due soon.

School(s) C - Waitlisted

Your preference to attend: C > A > B

You're asking if withdrawing from School B is a risk while waiting a week on School A? I wouldn't worry about it and would just withdraw from B so another person can have your seat or they don't start bugging you for the tuition. It won't affect your admissions offer from School A, just make sure to pay your deposit on time.

2nd question: I would send them a well-written email since they usually want it in writing and that way you have records too. You may wish to call them in addition to that to make sure if they don't answer quickly.

Yeah that's pretty much correct. Sorry I know it was hard to read but I didn't want to mention the school names. Thanks! That makes me less paranoid.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I don't get a response from the school I'm withdrawing from the next day, should I call them to make sure they got the email?

I just let my safety school know that I will not be attending this fall. I did it by email, just be polite and wish everyone well. They did not have problem with it.