Withdrawing from MD-Only Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piper9132

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have decided to withdraw from my Stanford and Duke MD-Only interviews (and I kinda feel like an idiot for doing so, but it is what it is).

Stanford says you can email a cancellation to them, but Duke does not have instructions for canceling anywhere that I can see.

Anyone know if I have to call Duke?? I feel like a jerk calling them b/c my interview is scheduled for next week but I am hoping to go to Harvard next week instead for MD-Only.

Thanks as always!!

Members don't see this ad.

Give them a call. MD-only doesn't come with airfare or hotel - somebody will just be happy to have a little extra free time. Don't sweat it.

I'm sure there's some applicant out there who would appreciate that Duke interview spot even if they are notified at the last minute.

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew from Duke MD via email to [email protected]

Thanks! I got a response from them to my email... which was good because I really did not want to have that phone conversation. Did you go to your MD interview at Harvard Prophetstown? I figure that is not one I can really withdraw from... but it is a lot of money for practically nothing...

I withdrew from Harvard - would've been fun to visit but there's no way I would go there over a fully-funded MSTP

I feel like a jerk calling them b/c my interview is scheduled for next week

I called a school to withdraw two days before my MD/PhD interview there (where they had shelled out money to fly me out there). As much as I felt like a dick for doing that, I had gotten into my #4 school the day before and the school I was canceling on wasn't a fully funded MSTP and basically at the bottom of my long list. As rude as the late cancellation probably was, I still felt like it was the right thing to do since I would just be wasting everyone's time if I went since I had ZERO intention of matriculating there with the other acceptance in hand.