Wollongong MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M.Furfur

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about this school? I have found out that it is not approved in California....

If it isn't approved yet.. it will be. It is a new medical program. It is accredited in Australia just like any other medical school. :thumbup:

Hi!

Yeah, the US does not accredit schools for federal assistance until they have had 2 graduating classes and we are a new school. However we are fully accredited in Australia (as will our graduates be) and we currently have Canadian and American students in our program.

Cheers
Lyndal

Members don't see this ad :)
M.Furfur, there is a really handy Medical School Guide at the Australian Medical Students' Association website here

DrJT

when do you expect Wollongong to be accredited in the USA and/or Canada?

Every US State can have a different policy with regards to licensing foreign medical graduates. Usually Australian graduates have few problems becoming licensed in the United States, but this rule generally applies to schools have been around for a while.

California might fall into the ocean as some people say but I don't believe it. Illegal aliens most likely will screw up that state, in fact they already have, I speak English and I want my patients to speak it as well, nothing against other languages but when in Rome you know. WTF do you want to live in California for? Smog?? Overpriced real estate??? Gangs?? Earthquakes??? Homosexual governors with Austrian accents??? Traffic??? Did you know the population of the state has been decreasing if you don't count illegal aliens??? I am from California, the SF Bay Area to be precise, and I don't miss that hellpit much, except for Taco Bell and In N Out Burger which is not in Australia.

Hi!

Yeah, the US does not accredit schools for federal assistance until they have had 2 graduating classes and we are a new school. However we are fully accredited in Australia (as will our graduates be) and we currently have Canadian and American students in our program.

Cheers
Lyndal

What about doing electives in Canada or the United States? Is that posssible. I have no doubt Wollongong is an amazing school, just wondering how it's newness affects students.

Certainly we have elective opportunities for our students, and we are currently working with our international students to see what are the best ways to support them doing this work in Canada and the US.

Lyndal

Certainly we have elective opportunities for our students, and we are currently working with our international students to see what are the best ways to support them doing this work in Canada and the US.

Lyndal

Is there any stats showing how much med students from Wollongong find matches in U.S. and Canada?

Thanks in advance. :)