Wondering about Columbia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quimicachica

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently decided that I wanted to go to graduate school for public health. I have researched many schools and I have narrowed it down to Columbia, Tulane, UAB, and Boston University. Columbia is my #1 choice, but I am nervous about applying. I am a junior and I have a 3.0. I know that I can get my GPA up to a 3.4-3.5 by graduation (spring 2010). I am graduating a year behind because I recently changed my major to biochemistry. I am wondering how competitive these schools are and what can I do to increase my chances? Thanks for reading my first post!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, i advise doing alot of volunteer and advocacy things. I spent a year working with AIDS clinics and teaching red cross AIDS classes..it helps alot i think. As for columbia, im waiting to hear from them so once i hear..i can let you know how competitive they were in terms of my own GPA and GRE scores. and my own GPA was 3.2 and I got into Tulane.

Thanks Snoofle!!
Last semester I joined an organization that educates the community about HIV/AIDS. I am looking into other volunteer opportunities! Congrats on your acceptance to Tulane! I hope that get into Columbia!