Working experience and Volunteer hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoak

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the AADSAS, I am asked to fill the the total hours I have volunteered and worked as a dental assistant. My question is:

Do these numbers have to be absolutely correct ? Because I do not know exactly how many hours I have done.

Do schools actually require you to provide any evidence or papers ? If so, when will they ask for those ?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat and was told to approximate my hours. Let me add, I've been a dental assistant for more than a decade and no longer work for the dentist I started out with. When I applied last year, I was not questioned about this at any of the interviews I had. Hope this helps.

but what if you do it at more than one placE? on the application it has to write the dentist's name and then fill in the hours so it looks like it's asking the hours with that dentist. What if you did only a few hours here and there with other dentsits though buth ave one main one? do you tally all of them up and put it under the main one?

Approximate to the best of your ability. NEVER ever lie. You don't ever want a lie to bite you in the interview. No two interviews are the same, one can be focused directly on academics the other may focus on experience.