Working for your parents useful?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

derrick rose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have worked for my father, who is a physician, in his office for a few years. It has provided me with a great deal of clinical experience and I believe that it has truly helped my decision in becoming a medical professional.

However, will adcom look down on it since I am working in my father's office? It was obviously an opportunity that many other applicants probably didn't have, so it could be perceived as unfair. With that being said, should I still put him down as my verifier?

Members don't see this ad.

So I have worked for my father, who is a physician, in his office for a few years. It has provided me with a great deal of clinical experience and I believe that it has truly helped my decision in becoming a medical professional.

However, will adcom look down on it since I am working in my father's office? It was obviously an opportunity that many other applicants probably didn't have, so it could be perceived as unfair. With that being said, should I still put him down as my verifier?
You can designate the office manager. It could be seen as coercive, but at least it's not your parent!