Working while in PA school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashedd

LPN student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
newbie here :eek:

I am in LPN school and I just turned 34 :(. I definitely want to finish LPN school so I can get a job, LTC is fine, then continue my education. Preliminary plan was to do RN followed by NP... but I have always wanted to go to PA school.

Admittedly I do not know a whole lot about the differences between PA's and NP's but I know enough to make me lean towards PA. I just think I would like the physician care model vs the nursing one, I know it seems silly.

From what I understand one can go from LPN, RN then NP all while maintaining a job. And that actually appeals to me, at my rip old age :oops:.

So I guess the main question is: could I work as an LPN while going to PA school?

I have plenty of other concerns... but this is a good starter.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Most folks do not work in pa school although it can be done if you are willing to have no free time for yourself. I did a 3 yr pa program and worked 24 hrs/week the first 2 years but not during clinical yr.

I did a 3 yr pa program and worked 24 hrs/week the first 2 years but not during clinical yr.
Kinda what I had in mind too. I thought that if I worked in LTC at night then I could do "school" work while I was there.

I am in the Army reserve so I could always try to apply to their PA school... then I would get paid while going to school for free. Although I really dislike the Army.:thumbdown:

Thanks for your input.