World of Warcraft Expansion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone getting back into WoW with the new expansion??

I was thinking about:
ss3-thumb.jpg

The new Alliance race looks interesting, maybe a blue demon paladin dude..

Or wait for Vanguard to come out..

Members don't see this ad.

Not a single reply? Don't pretend you aren't dorky enough to know what he's talking about! I think the expansion should be good. Blizzard takes forever to release stuff, but the stuff they release is usually pretty solid. Plus, the Draenei dance to Tunak Tunak Tun.

I'm HORDE all the way so may start a new blood elf. I still only have one character though - a 47 tauren hunter.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
beary said:
I'm HORDE all the way so may start a new blood elf. I still only have one character though - a 47 tauren hunter.
You been playing this game for how many months/years now? And you're just a level 47?

Step it up and make a difference, beary! ;)

AndyMilonakis said:
You been playing this game for how many months/years now? And you're just a level 47?

Seriously....

I quit about a year ago, and my primary was 58, and my alts were 20 & 12.

and that is my response to the expansion pack, I no way. I quit, it was too much of a timesuck...
both playing the game, and then trying to find places to get good drops...

(thats what I get for being a Hunter.. Whole game spent looking for that next 0.2+ DPS...)
:smuggrin:

AndyMilonakis said:

I've only been playing for 3 months. :p

beary said:
I've only been playing for 3 months. :p
Yeah well I know two people who had level 60 characters within a few months of picking up the game. But they play nonstop and ceased to have any semblance of a social life. One of my friends stopped showing up at happy hours and we all knew that WoW was the reason why :laugh:

WoW really is extremely addictive. I usually can't even watch a movie without taking a break and doing something else, but I can literally play WoW for hours on end. I don't think I have ever had a "hobby" that kept this much of my interest for so long. I want to take my tauren to 60, and then I can create other characters! Even evil alliance characters! ;)

Edit: There are public test realms up for a new content patch coming out and the queues are 1000+. :eek:

beary said:
WoW really is extremely addictive. I usually can't even watch a movie without taking a break and doing something else, but I can literally play WoW for hours on end. I don't think I have ever had a "hobby" that kept this much of my interest for so long. I want to take my tauren to 60, and then I can create other characters! Even evil alliance characters! ;)

Edit: There are public test realms up for a new content patch coming out and the queues are 1000+. :eek:

There are gonna be servers where you can be an alliance grouped with horde? Like a total free for all pvp environ??? That would be sick. Im in...

LADoc00 said:
There are gonna be servers where you can be an alliance grouped with horde? Like a total free for all pvp environ??? That would be sick. Im in...

I think he ment as a taruen, he views Horde as evil.

I have not heard of an evil alliance people (other than the blood elves...
:cool:

Last summer I pretty much dedicated to WoW, and got a 60 gnome warrior and some alts out of it. I quit around December, but I've been itching for something - reactivated City of Heroes and it is pretty boring. Might try WoW again, but who knows.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm starting my PGY1 in Boston in a few weeks... and I'm currently my guild's raid leader for ZG/MC... Ohnoes, something's gotta give!

I'll just have to prioritize, that's all. Epic purples, baby, all the way!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm curious if some of you still play :claps:

For god's sake, get hobbies that don't involve sitting on your butt looking at a computer screen. :)

My wife would kill me if I started playing again. But I still think about it. A lot. Really it's kind of pitiful.

I am a PGY-3 and I have been playing WoW on and off for 7 years. Just got back into it for the expansion. It is hard with my work schedule to do guild raids with set times. If anybody wants to do raids or battlegrounds together, add me AgentStrife#1739.

Last edited:
I am a PGY-3 and I have been playing WoW on and off for 7 years. Just got back into it for the expansion. It is hard with my work schedule to do guild raids with set times. If anybody wants to do raids or battlegrounds together, add me AgentStrife#1739.

Vet pathologist here, played for ~ 8 years. GhostPants #12638

Lok'tar ogar.

Hopefully Legion can somehow polish the turd that was WoD.

PGY-4. I played Vanilla through Ulduar of Wotlk and then quit for good. I've dabbled in the private server scene since retail doesn't seem like something I'd be interested in anymore, and it's fun reliving the nostalgia of those old days. If Blizzard released legacy servers I'd reup, but I doubt they will anytime soon. I'm not currently playing, but I'm keeping an eye on a server that should release in December/January right when I should be getting serious about board studying...

Did someone just necro a thread from 2006!

BAM. Funny this should appear. I am destroying raiding in Legion. Got everything aside from Mythic EN/ToV on weekly farm status. iLvl at 880, 2 legendaries equipped...Im be ballin, shot callin.

...AND I am merely weeks to days from a divorce now as a result. I need a good attorney now, please me with leads.

I used to raid in a top 10 guild for awhile and I'm a former gladiator in seasons 1-4 :p I still have most of my characters parked in a very well-known guild, but I wish I had the time to raid and play as much as I used to :\ I'm only ilvl 860 on my mage (one legendary item sadly) that I resurrected after switching things up and playing shadow priest for years.

Shadow Priests are completely OP. Fire Mages are solid though as well. Im blowin up a Fire Mage and Ret Pally. Although some nerfage is incoming so who knows post Xmas.
Druids are the god class: best tank, best healer, solid melee dps and a rdps option.

At 860 do you have a legendary? And are you Fire? Or other?

Data DPS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10

I'm at 860 ilvl as fire with the legendary belt which is kind of "meh". The stats are solid but the bonuses I get don't really synergize well with the class mechanics. It's changing soon but it's still not what I can awesome. I am living in Casualtown, USA right now on my account. Normally, I am used to being in the top 0.001% of all geared characters, but starting a new lab/new hospital contracts sort of detracts from my goal of total WoW dominance :)

Anyway, my mage is spec'd into fire but I want to do arcane as a secondary spec eventually once I get a decent way through my artifact leveling. I started by leveling a DH about a week after launch. That character is just kinda sitting there... awesome class... but so little time :(

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/merylsheep/simple (I haven't optimized this guy yet) -- this was my original character till I did spriest...
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/flayaiken/simple (my priest back in the day) -- after Siege of Org I officially hung up the boots :p

WoW Classic coming out next week. I'm excited to jump back in and enjoy the old-school style.

Reactions: 1 user
Did someone just necro a thread from 2006!

BAM. Funny this should appear. I am destroying raiding in Legion. Got everything aside from Mythic EN/ToV on weekly farm status. iLvl at 880, 2 legendaries equipped...Im be ballin, shot callin.

...AND I am merely weeks to days from a divorce now as a result. I need a good attorney now, please me with leads.
May be i should resurrect the thread on swinging-jk

Im unclear what just happened but it appears someone necro'd an obscenely old necro'd thread which itself may have been necro'd.

It's possible by doing this and then playing WOW classic, we will run the risk of actually breaking the space-time continuum.

PS- Anyone played Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2? And is anyone diving into the new COD MW? Once you are done with WOW classic of course.