Worried about getting a C in a prereq (senior)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RespectTheChemistry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi -

I am resolving an incomplete that occurred in the summer when I got COVID. I got sick at the very end of the semester and missed the final, hence the incomplete.

I am studying for the final right now to take it with the fall class. I am sick and a less effective studier than usual.

If this final goes badly despite my best efforts and I get a C my senior year, am I in trouble application-wise? It wouldn't decrease my GPA much at all (0.02) because I have so many earned credits at this point, but the optics are not good. How closely do they look through your transcript for things like C's in prereqs senior year? I have a V-shaped grade trend (disasterous sophomore year from health problems). I have been doing transcript repair from that the past few years. This potential C worries me because I'd call myself a reinventor and, as I understand it right now, there is little room for error in that.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
The easy answer is that it depends on the rest of your application. We would need to know your GPA and MCAT score. I am assuming that they are up to par.
Tldr; don't worry about a 0.2 drop. :) If you can make the rest of your application shine, this will be nothing but a blip on the radar.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree, just do well. If you happen to do badly, one grade is not going to kill you even if not ideal, but there is no sense in worrying about a hypothetical

Reactions: 1 users