Worthwhile applying to Cornell with a 30?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

Premedtomed

GPA/BCMP - both 3.8+
Good extracurrics.
Cool person :cool:
I believe I wrote an interesting PS

Cornell's MCAT avg. =33 =my practice scores not the real one :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

yes, 33 is only an avg. go for it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely go for it, if you would like to attend Cornell. Your MCAT is not keeping you out of there. :thumbup:

Don't sweat it. As long as you get an interview, provided you're cool, you'll rock all those losers who study all day and get 33s but forget to have social skills.

Where did you go to school?

I personally know someone who got in with a 29. Go for it!

WalterSobchakk said:
Don't sweat it. As long as you get an interview, provided you're cool, you'll rock all those losers who study all day and get 33s but forget to have social skills.

I HAVE SOCIAL SKILLS....

I just choose not to utilize them when there is a perfectly good Star Trek marathon to watch....

I have people skills. I am GOOD at dealing with PEOPLE. Can't you understand that?? What the hell is wrong with you people?!???

WalterSobchakk said:

Ah yes the ever present high scorer who's either mute or an obvious humongous arse. God forbid you ever run across a high scorer with social skills.

UseUrHeadFred said:
I have people skills. I am GOOD at dealing with PEOPLE. Can't you understand that?? What the hell is wrong with you people?!???
I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to!

DrThom said:
I HAVE SOCIAL SKILLS....

I just choose not to utilize them when there is a perfectly good Star Trek marathon to watch....
I love it.

UseUrHeadFred said:

HA! "Office Space"

What about this one from Godfather II: "I'm smaaaat....I can do things! But no! Do you know how it feels to listen to orders from your little brother!"

Everyone always seems to forget that 33 (or whatever) is the AVERAGE, not the absolute minimum cut-off. Since it is the average, that means lots of people get around 33, some get higher and some get lower. Go for it! WHEN you get an interview, explain to them that if Cornell wants to keep the avg at 33, SOMEONE has to bring down the applicants that get 39s and 40s. You'll be doing them a favor! :laugh:

Pinkertinkle said:
Ah yes the ever present high scorer who's either mute or an obvious humongous arse. God forbid you ever run across a high scorer with social skills.

:laugh: No kidding. Funny how someone who is nowhere near as socially active as you (and Im talking in general here, not about anyone on this thread) can call you out about having a high MCAT score; "what you do study all day, everyday? You should relax a little." Look buddy, I see you at the library everytime I go - don't give me **** about relaxing. :laugh:

yes, being a cool person is a requirement. youre all set to go. apply to harvard som and jhu som too. theyll obviosuly take you based on selfproclaimed coolness. who wouldnt? :idea: :rolleyes:

Premedtomed said:
GPA/BCMP - both 3.8+
Good extracurrics.
Cool person :cool:
I believe I wrote an interesting PS

Cornell's MCAT avg. =33 =my practice scores not the real one :mad:

(Dirty Version) said:
yes, being a cool person is a requirement. youre all set to go. apply to harvard som and jhu som too. theyll obviosuly take you based on selfproclaimed coolness. who wouldnt? :idea: :rolleyes:

By cool person I meant I will interview well.
Why do you have to be sarcastic dude? Again all that I meant was that I probably have all the qualities they are looking for unfortunately my MCAT score is low and I don't feel like taking it again in August that is. If nothing works out I will try to take it again and really rock it.

Premedtomed said:
By cool person I meant I will interview well.
Why do you have to be sarcastic dude? Again all that I meant was that I probably have all the qualities they are looking for unfortunately my MCAT score is low and I don't feel like taking it again in August that is. If nothing works out I will try to take it again and really rock it.

Go for it! I'm in the same boat as you; I see the average and think, no way....I also scored lower on the actual test than the real one, and my score is close to yours. If someone got in with a 29, you definitely have a chance.

Fermata said:
Friends are for newbs.

NEWBS I TELL YA!

Fermi....you're so right, man

Friends and Girls are for NOOBS ;) :laugh:

BTW, premedtomed, as I recall, Cornell is not a number ***** unlike another school ;) It's an awesome place...just ask DW or Habari...upper East side.....pretty sick :thumbup: Also, I loved their emphasis on International work in medicine....very unique...

-Harps

Harps said:
Fermi....you're so right, man

Friends and Girls are for NOOBS ;) :laugh:

BTW, premedtomed, as I recall, Cornell is not a number ***** unlike another school ;) It's an awesome place...just ask DW or Habari...upper East side.....pretty sick :thumbup: Also, I loved their emphasis on International work in medicine....very unique...

-Harps

thanks "yaar"

Premedtomed said:
thanks "yaar"

Don't sell yourself short. I almost didn't apply to Harvard and Yale because I thought I needed at least 1 publication to be INVITED for an interview........we all have our biases. Give it your best shot and leave the rest up to chance ;)

Good luck, my friend

-Harps