Would this count towards my BCPM gpa for AMCAS/TMDSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hi.985

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Neuroscience major and am planning on taking a course that falls under the Neuroscience department. However my main concern is that although the course that I am taking is classified as "NSC", the course description is more on the humanities side. I'm more confident that this course would apply towards my science gpa for TMDSAS but am still unsure about AMCAS.

NSC 4381 Health Disparities in Neuroscience - Real and/or perceived differences in race/ethnic origin, sex/gender/sexual preference, socioeconomic status, and the like permeate our society, and generate consequences that impact quality of life and health. An examination of these issues from the perspective of the neurosciences, assessing both research and clinical outcomes.

Would AMCAS automatically count this course towards my science gpa just because the course name falls under the NSC department or would they actually look into it since the course name sounds more on the humanities side?

Members don't see this ad.

I think that you can classify it as non BCPM and hope that AMCAS reviewers agree. If not, they'll switch it to BCPM for you. This will not reflect badly on you (being switched).

Reactions: 1 user
I think that you can classify it as non BCPM and hope that AMCAS reviewers agree. If not, they'll switch it to BCPM for you. This will not reflect badly on you (being switched).
I was hoping to classify it as BCPM and not non BPCM

I was hoping to classify it as BCPM and not non BPCM
Same idea applies. Classify it as BCPM—best case scenario is that you're right, worst case scenario is that they change it to non-BCPM but you're not penalized in any way. I think you definitely have a legitimate argument.

Reactions: 1 users