Would US allopathic schools accept MCAT from January 2012 for 2012 cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KaKa10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT this year and scored 24 (10P/6V/8B), this was significantly less that my average AAMCs and Princeton Review practice exams (range 27-34. PS and BS never lower than 10 even in the worst day, and verbal 5-8; English is my second language). My application for 2012 cycle is already been submitted and everything is ready. I wasa biology major as an undergrad with cGPA and sGPA are both 3.2, but for the last 2/3 of my undergraduate education, my grades were all As with 2 Bs in both science and non-science classes; most are science classes including advanced bio electives. I took 3 Physiology classes with grades average 3.6 grades. My physics and Chemistry classes are all ~ 4.0, and Organic Chem 1 and 2 are 3.6 and 4.0.

I have done more than a years of research and hospital volunteering, and other stuff like community service, shadowing, ect. I also have research publications on the way later this year and starting next year. I am in the Masters of Art program in biology and aced my first class thus far.
My question is: Would US MD schools consider my MCAT score for the 2012 cycle if I took the MCAT in January 2012, given that they do not reject me before that?

I am confident that if I took the MCAT again, I would get 12-13 in sciences and up to 9 in verbal. Both PS and BS are my strengths, I have studied for the MCAT for 18 months and really know my materials inside out, even now after more than a month without studying. I just was not all there during my real MCAT, I was slow and did tw passages in both PS and BS in 5 min. I expected lower then my average based on my performance that day, but nothing less than 28; I scored 24 2 weeks after I started studying for the MACT!

I am not looking to get accepted in top 40 US medical schools now, and I am applying only to instate medical school, and SGU in the Caribbean. Should I apply to more schools? I would only join allopathic medical schools.
All comments are accepted and appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.