Would you add 'dental assistant' in work experience on your CV residency application, or CE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rkdlsqkr3

Reaction score
Hi!

Just wondering what are your thoughts about adding CE courses that I've completed and also including working as 'dental assistant' in work history.
I'm trying to apply for pediatric residency, 2 yrs out of school, so I'm including my work exp. as associate dentist in private peds. office.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I worked as an assistant since my senior year of Highschool, and all throughout my college years part time!

Members don't see this ad :)
I listed relevant CE courses on my CV. Was your dental assisting something you did full time? Or was it a brief something you did to get into dental school?

Big Hoss
Hey Hoss how about if I was a student going into residency. Could I mention online CE through spear that I have viewed but not received CE credit for as I am not a dentist yet?

I applied to Endo last year. A program director recommended that I have an Endo CE section and an Other CE section.

I would. It shows that you’ve been exposed to dentistry since an early age and might indicate that you’re a hard worker.