Would you do it over again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the original topic discussion. If you had to chose your specialty all over again, would you chose the same? Why or why not?

Members don't see this ad.

rmh, will the extra 2 years of course work and/or didactics etc. to complete the DNAP be done consecutively and full-time?? In other words, will there be an additional 2 years of true opportunity cost?

Or will this thing be something you guys do at night and weekends, while maintaining your jobs, full or part time?

Eventually, when a doctorate is required it will be consecutively full time, year round (no summer breaks). For now I am sure it will be open to CRNA's with master degree to complete without having to stop working. Those starting anesthesia school have the option to complete the DNAP concurently. Those are the ones that will experience the true opportunity cost of the DNAP.

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the original topic discussion. If you had to chose your specialty all over again, would you chose the same? Why or why not?

Dude, will you stop trying to get this thread back on topic, I'm trying to learn about nursing! :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
Why...do you need a backup plan? :laugh:

Sometimes i think i would choose something different but not b/c i dont love what i do, just to "try" something different.

So i guess im more curious than anything. I was very torn b/t ER and Anesthesia when i was 3/4th yrs. I decided on anesthesia simply because i saw it was a much safer place to practice and much less litigious than the ER.