Would you pick UCBSO and SCCO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RiCe BoY x 4 u

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you were from the Bay Area in CA, would you go to UCBSO or SCCO? and why?

Members don't see this ad.

UCBSO!! so much cheaper!!!

Very tough choice.

It really depends on which school you feel you can excel better at. I'm sorry I can't be more specific than that. Both schools are excellent, so you have to make your choice based on what is important to you. Believe me, I tried to make the same choice trying not to consider MONEY, PRESTIGE, FAMILY, FRIENDS, BOYFRIEND - and that's not possible! All of that is important, but it is up to you which factors are the most important.

It came down to UCBSO and SCCO for me. Like you, I'm from the Bay Area but I went to Southern CA for undergraduate where I met the greatest friends (Hi Batlauren!) and where I really became an adult. I knew that leaving So. CA would mean leaving a lot of friends and potentially my boyfriend behind. But, I also had to realize that where I graduate is probably the most likely place I will be working around after optometry school. So, I also had to factor in if I wanted to live in So. CA for the next how many years or come back to the Bay Area and be close to my family.

I didn't make my decision until early August because it was that difficult for me.

Good luck!

Best wishes,

Rosanna