Would you postpone...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FedForPres

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished a disheartening attempt at EK fl 1... 44% overall.

I am aiming for atleast 499+ on my June 2nd MCAT (22 days!:scared:), with one week from today to decide on postponing ... Can anyone shed light on a poor EK score with a much improved real MCAT score 3 weeks later? ha

Here are other test scores in chronological order to show my progress:
TPR Demo 490
GS 1/3 length 500
NS 1/2 length 494
Kap Fl 1 487 (yeah..)
NS FL 1 497
TPR Review FL1 493
NS FL 2 499
NS FL 3 499
EK FL 1 44%...

Current Plan: Taking Section Bank as a FL on Saturday then AAMC Unscored and Scored FLs (May 18th and May 29th, respectively) before June 2nd.

Would you postpone your MCAT?
Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished a disheartening attempt at EK fl 1... 44% overall.

I am aiming for atleast 499+ on my June 2nd MCAT (22 days!:scared:), with one week from today to decide on postponing ... Can anyone shed light on a poor EK score with a much improved real MCAT score 3 weeks later? ha

Here are other test scores in chronological order to show my progress:
TPR Demo 490
GS 1/3 length 500
NS 1/2 length 494
Kap Fl 1 487 (yeah..)
NS FL 1 497
TPR Review FL1 493
NS FL 2 499
NS FL 3 499
EK FL 1 44%...

Current Plan: Taking Section Bank as a FL on Saturday then AAMC Unscored and Scored FLs (May 18th and May 29th, respectively) before June 2nd.

Would you postpone your MCAT?
Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
Have you taken anything AAMC? Practice companies are not good for predicting actual score. Also it's seems like you've taken a lot of practice tests which isn't a bad thing but are you thoroughly reviewing each and every question, figuring out what your missing, going back over subjects you're weak on? Take the AAMC unscored somewhat soon within in the range of still being able to reschedule at the cheapest cost and then decide. If you get below 70 in any section then maybe think about rescheduling. But then again this depends on what your target score is.

Damn, I used NS, but with sub-500... I would postpone personally. Do you think it's more content or a strategy/timing issue?

Have you taken anything AAMC? Practice companies are not good for predicting actual score. Also it's seems like you've taken a lot of practice tests which isn't a bad thing but are you thoroughly reviewing each and every question, figuring out what your missing, going back over subjects you're weak on? Take the AAMC unscored somewhat soon within in the range of still being able to reschedule at the cheapest cost and then decide. If you get below 70 in any section then maybe think about rescheduling. But then again this depends on what your target score is.
I have not taken any AAMC material yet. I suppose I'll bump the unscored FL to a sooner date to have a better sense of readiness for June 2nd. My target score is 499-500, so would 60% in each section (of AAMC unscored) indicate that score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, I used NS, but with sub-500... I would postpone personally. Do you think it's more content or a strategy/timing issue?
What scores did you receive on the NS fls?

Based on yesterdays EK fl, I feel like it was more of a content issue. I generally finish most sections of my FLs with time to spare, especially for B/B and P/S sections.

With the exception of NS4, which a lot of people bombed, I averaged pretty much 505 across 10 NS exams. I don't feel I have a content problem at all, reviewing the tests pointed at a reasoning problem, especially in experimental design. I was hoping I would peak during my real MCAT and I believe I did (*knock on wood*, no scores yet). I had timing issues with several of the NS P/S section, but always managed 125-127 each time. The real MCAT felt easier for me.