Would you rather see total score or individual section scores first?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markboonya

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i will cover my monitor so i can view the score of each section seperately.

Members don't see this ad.

I realllly can't decide at this point. I have nooo idea what I'm going to do.

my line of reasoning is this: if u see a crappy total score first, then looking at the individual section scores will be a dreadful experience since u already know u did badly. however, if you look at each individual section score first, then you can have 3 mini mcat-orgasms. if the first section looks good, u can cheer and be happy. if it looks bad, then u can mentally prep urself and say... its ok its ok.. there are 2 sections left to look at and make up for it and proceed to look at the other 2. now if all 3 look bad then u just screwed urself over 3 times, and in that case, looking at the total score first might be a better idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think i would prefer to have someone tell me first if I got at least a 30. if i didn't then i would be already let down and not go into shock when i see my break down. if i had at least a 30, then i would be excited to see the rest.

I'm going to look at the total score first and take it like a man....wait, I'm a female. I think that verbal will be my best score, but trying to cover my screen to only see that score first is too much work, so I'm just going to look at the whole thing.

shellyr33 said:
I'm going to look at the total score first and take it like a man....wait, I'm a female. I think that verbal will be my best score, but trying to cover my screen to only see that score first is too much work, so I'm just going to look at the whole thing.

Yea I agree. I feel like my hand won't be fast enough to cover the screen. I'll probably see it by accident and be like :eek: for a couple of hours.

i have not decided either. I usaully do the hide technique when the butcher comes and usually works for me.

So I don't know which. Can ya get the piece of paper up quick enough?

Proper technique i think would require the following

1.enter username

2. enter password

3. Cover screen with duct tape

4. Hit enter

5. Peel each piece of duct tape off slowly.

6. If scores are low, monitor is already partially ruined time to smash it!!!!

7. If scores are high, time to buy a new monitor.

here's what i'm going to do:

1. enter username and password
2. squint REALLY hard untill the screen is a blur
3. hit enter
4. cover the screen with a manila folder (nice and thick), and read scores from right to left.

:scared:

shoal said:
i have not decided either. I usaully do the hide technique when the butcher comes and usually works for me.

So I don't know which. Can ya get the piece of paper up quick enough?

Proper technique i think would require the following

1.enter username

2. enter password

3. Cover screen with duct tape

4. Hit enter

5. Peel each piece of duct tape off slowly.

6. If scores are low, monitor is already partially ruined time to smash it!!!!

7. If scores are high, time to buy a new monitor.

Hahahaha!! Sounds like a good plan to me! :laugh:

Log in, put my head down and embrace myself for what's to come after months of hardwork and 2 months of anticipation.

But always remember, life goes on regardless of your MCAT score.

I'll enter my username and pass, get my mouse over the login button, then cover the screen. Then I'll click my mouse button once, but move the paper a BIT to the right to see that the screen has, in fact, changed. From then on, it's mini-orgasm time. I guess at this point I've set my heart on the fact that seeing everything at once would most likely be the beginning of turkey sandwiches for me. Slow and steady....gobble gobble

hmm, now I've heard convincing arguments for both the right-to-left tactic and the left-to-right tactic...decisions, decisions :p

Members don't see this ad :)
juniper456 said:
here's what i'm going to do:

1. enter username and password
2. squint REALLY hard untill the screen is a blur
3. hit enter
4. cover the screen with a manila folder (nice and thick), and read scores from right to left.

:scared:

I can't go right to left because the total score is on the right and I would like to draw out the pleasure/pain.

DANG YOU ALL!
I was thinkin this would be simple a move from left to right but now i have to ponder ! DAHHHHHHHHH

None of this right to left, left to right crap! Just take it all at once! Get the pain over with as fast as possible.

You know you are an anal pre-med when....

You are planning how you will check your MCAT scores, individually or total score.

Me, I'm probably going to look at it all at once and get it over with.

I think it's official.....we have hit the low end of the pathetic pre-med scale

:D

Hoooba said:
I think it's official.....we have hit the low end of the pathetic pre-med scale

:D

Yeah, that's what I was thinking :laugh:

I totallly think I'm being pathetic

in my book, it's not pathetic to have a PLAN!! and that's what i have: i PLAN to see my scores right to left. period.

F that. I have worked really hard for this day and waited 2 months for it so I am going to plan it out and (hopefully) enjoy. I dont see that as pathetic.
Does anyone know where the mcat scores screen shot was listed? Someone posted it and i search all over the forum but I cant seem to find it?