WOW i am sooo stupid...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paki20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay so I worked in an immunology research lab during my freshman year as a work-study student. I put that on my resume with a description of what I did. i just applied for a clinical research position so i can work with the chair of clinical pyschology (who is female by the way). She wanted to see my resume so i sent it to her. i get a reply back saying "impressive resume but instead of putting down "prepared plasmid maxi preps" you put down "prepared plasmid maxi pads". you should think about fixing that"...geez what the heck was i thinking...do you guys think i still have a chance of getting the position?!? :eek: +pad+

for my fellow, clueless guys out there who won't get this...this is what a maxi pad is:

http://www.lesleescott.com/Images/maxi2.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

That's hilarious. If I hadn't gone to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tonight, it would have been the funniest thing I've heard all day. But anyways, as long as the lady has a good sense of humor, I think you'll be fine. People make mistakes and everyone realizes that. Good luck. :D

paki20 said:
okay so I worked in an immunology research lab during my freshman year as a work-study student. I put that on my resume with a description of what I did. i just applied for a clinical research position so i can work with the chair of clinical pyschology (who is female by the way). She wanted to see my resume so i sent it to her. i get a reply back saying "impressive resume but instead of putting down "prepared plasmid maxi preps" you put down "prepared plasmid maxi pads". you should think about fixing that"...geez what the heck was i thinking...do you guys think i still have a chance of getting the position?!? :eek: +pad+

for my fellow, clueless guys out there who won't get this...this is what a maxi pad is:

i totally don't believe this...there's been a lot of joke posts today :D .....especially when you felt necessary to include a photo for the guys. i think most of us had a clue what a maxi pad is, and believe it or not, we even know what it's used for. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh. I thought this was serious. I'm such an idiot sometimes! :thumbup:

paki20 said:

Reply the email with, "no, i really meant 'prepared plasmid maxi pads'"

man i am dead serious!! i really wish it was a joke! i have an interview with her on tuesday...im kind of embarrased...but oh well im glad i realized the mistake now rather than including it on my aamcas now that would have sucked

dude chill out. she sent that reply back because she thought it was funny. sheesh, my fellow pakis are so paranoid.

paki20 said:
man i am dead serious!! i really wish it was a joke! i have an interview with her on tuesday...im kind of embarrased...but oh well im glad i realized the mistake now rather than including it on my aamcas now that would have sucked
ok, if you say so, then lots of good luck. It will probably be an opening for the interview...something you can both laugh at. :D

But let me ask you why the need for the link to the picture. Do you really think people didn't know what it was...? :confused:

Psycho Doctor said:
ok, if you say so, then lots of good luck. But let me ask you why the need for the link to the picture. Do you really think people didn't know what it was...? :confused:

I know what it is but didn't make the connection until I saw the picture :laugh:

hardy said:
I know what it is but didn't make the connection until I saw the picture :laugh:
:laugh: oh ok, somehow i knew right away what it is and i don't even have any sisters. :oops: but i do have a girlfriend

Psycho Doctor said:
:laugh: oh ok, somehow i knew right away what it is and i don't even have any sisters. :oops: but i do have a girlfriend

Putting this on a resume is just too weird to even think about. That's why it would never cross my mind, I just read it as the name of a research tool until I saw the picture.

paki20 said:

Tell her:

Dear Dr. XXX,

You are correct about the error in my resume. The resume should read "Prepared plasmid tampons". I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Sincerely,
paki20

This will smooth things right over :D

bwells46 said:
Tell her:

Dear Dr. XXX,

You are correct about the error in my resume. The resume should say "Prepared plasmid tampons". I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Sincerely,
paki20

This will smooth things right over :D
:laugh: :laugh:

wow, hilarious :laugh:

Bloody hell, I hope we all know what maxi pads are.

Lol...sorry it just funny. I'm guessing it wont hurt your chance of getting the position. She most likely found it funny thats why she emailed you about it. Don't worry about that worry about the interview. Oh the email bwells46 suggested is a great idea lol.

P.S. count your blessing it was a female who read it and not a male.Lol