Wreb requirement for Texas License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frozenicecreamDMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have called Texas License Board but they cannot even give me a definitive answer regarding what they require from WREB.

Can someone tell me if Texas requires
1. Restoration: 1 Class II OR 1 Class II and 1 ClassII/ClassIII
2. Perio
3. Prosth.
4. Endo

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like they require perio and prosth.
I think endo is just considered part of the board lumped in with restorative so that should be required as well.

they don’t specify about which fillings, but according to the WREB book you only do Class III if you fail the class II first. Idk why Texas would require both.

Reactions: 1 user

Looks like they require perio and prosth.
I think endo is just considered part of the board lumped in with restorative so that should be required as well.

they don’t specify about which fillings, but according to the WREB book you only do Class III if you fail the class II first. Idk why Texas would require both.
I have called Texas License Board but they cannot even give me a definitive answer regarding what they require from WREB.

Can someone tell me if Texas requires
1. Restoration: 1 Class II OR 1 Class II and 1 ClassII/ClassIII
2. Perio
3. Prosth.
4. Endo

Thank you.

hello

I do have some general question I would be happy If some one could help me.

1. what documents do I need to get the approval to be able to take the clinical regional exam?
2.we have some regional clinical exams like: WREB, CDCA, CITA, SRTA and... what is the difference of these exams and which one is better to take?

thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
hello

I do have some general question I would be happy If some one could help me.

1. what documents do I need to get the approval to be able to take the clinical regional exam?
2.we have some regional clinical exams like: WREB, CDCA, CITA, SRTA and... what is the difference of these exams and which one is better to take?

thank you

1. you don't need any documents from the state board to take your regional exam. it is through the dental school you are going to. some dental school offer both WREB/ADEX, some school offer Adex only, either CBCA or CITA, some offer only SRTA. so if you want to take an exam your school does not offer to go to the state that only accepts that particular exam, you have to fly to a different dental school to take it. this is pretty nightmare-ish.

2. as most people only take either or and never take both at the same time so i cant tell you the difference on the experience. it is mostly depending on the states you want to allocate to after graduation. the big difference for WREB and ADEX is before California does not take ADEX but recently I've heard it also takes ADEX.

as far as I can tell, I've heard finding clinical lesions on live patient for ADEX is a bit easier since it does not require the cavity to cross the DEJ, however you have to do one class II and one class III. For WREB, the lesion must definitely cross DEJ and depending on the state, you can do one class II only or have to do both.

I hope my answer helps. if anything, ask again

1. you don't need any documents from the state board to take your regional exam. it is through the dental school you are going to. some dental school offer both WREB/ADEX, some school offer Adex only, either CBCA or CITA, some offer only SRTA. so if you want to take an exam your school does not offer to go to the state that only accepts that particular exam, you have to fly to a different dental school to take it. this is pretty nightmare-ish.

2. as most people only take either or and never take both at the same time so i cant tell you the difference on the experience. it is mostly depending on the states you want to allocate to after graduation. the big difference for WREB and ADEX is before California does not take ADEX but recently I've heard it also takes ADEX.

as far as I can tell, I've heard finding clinical lesions on live patient for ADEX is a bit easier since it does not require the cavity to cross the DEJ, however you have to do one class II and one class III. For WREB, the lesion must definitely cross DEJ and depending on the state, you can do one class II only or have to do both.

I hope my answer helps. if anything, ask again

thank you very much for all the information, I really appreciate it.