Writing sample question..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegymbum

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Probably a pretty dumb question, but I'm curious about the scoring of the writing sample. I know that you're awarded a letter value for the score..but how is that factored into the score as a whole? Or is it just a completely separate part of the score..? That hadn't really crossed my mind before, but since it's been bugging me, I thought I'd ask :) Thanks in advance! Ah, and.. while I'm at it.. how important is the writing sample..? I've heard that it's not terribly important, at least relatively to the other sections.. but I'm curious. I'd love to hear anyone's input!

Members don't see this ad.

it's a separate part of the score. You'll get your three numerical scores in PS, verbal, and BS and then you'll get a letter for the writing. I don't think it's too incredibly important.....just try not to get a J. Personally I tried to save my brain power for the BS section at the end and didn't stress too much over the writing.

Nikki2002 said:
it's a separate part of the score. You'll get your three numerical scores in PS, verbal, and BS and then you'll get a letter for the writing. I don't think it's too incredibly important.....just try not to get a J. Personally I tried to save my brain power for the BS section at the end and didn't stress too much over the writing.

Exactly. No one seems to care about my M. So far, none of my interviewers has brought it up.