Written board prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nasty Gas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on good books for written boards? Anyone find a good book for questions? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Any recommendations on good books for written boards? Anyone find a good book for questions? Thanks.

I tell everyone the same thing. I read Morgan and Mikhail. I am actually using it to prepare for the oral exam now. I found this book to be very high yield. I used the book by Michel Starr to be good because of the charts and diagrams. That book is old but timelss in some respects. The regional section was good. I also liked the fluid section. Hall is an ok question book but I liked the Barash study guide and Dershwitz better.

Many of my classmates read BiG Blue. I hated that book because it seemed too randm ror me. I thought that it was more wordy than M & M and had less charts and diagrams. The majority of the residents @ this med center seem to read Big Blue. Last year a large number of the residentshere went to Jensens board review. The majority of them did not like his course. They spent a lot of their time going questions. You can stay home and do that yourself.

There is no mystery to the written boards. Most people pass. I find the upcoming oral boards to be much more intimidating. Part one of the ABA exam is straightforward. Know your key words inside -out and you will pass.

Cambie

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

I tell everyone the same thing. I read Morgan and Mikhail. I am actually using it to prepare for the oral exam now. I found this book to be very high yield. I used the book by Michel Starr to be good because of the charts and diagrams. That book is old but timelss in some respects. The regional section was good. I also liked the fluid section. Hall is an ok question book but I liked the Barash study guide and Dershwitz better.

Many of my classmates read BiG Blue. I hated that book because it seemed too randm or me. I thought that it was more wordy than M & M and had less charts and diagrams. The majority of the residents @ this med center seem to read Big Blue. Last year a large number of them went to Jensens board review. The majority of them did not like his course. They spent a lot of their time going questions. You can stay home and do that yourself.

There is no mystery to the written boards. Most people pass. I find the upcoming oral boards to be much more intimidating. Part one of the ABA exam is straightforward. Know your key words inside -out and you will pass.

Cambie

What is the Barash study guide? I haven't seen that one around.