Wroclaw, Poland 2012/2013 Serious Issue! regarding fees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Staradmiral

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all students currently attending, applicants, and those who plan to attend:

Wroclaw has made changes to their tuition fees for 2012/2013 entering students. This comes as a shock as the original 2012/2013 fees were already posted months ago and were included in the acceptance letter and enrollment agreement. Now wroclaw has drastically increased the tuition fees this August months AFTER having issued acceptance letters and receiving word back from students. Now students have already signed to attend, it's too late to go to a different school and wroclaw raised the tuition fee by more than 2000 euro per year! My parents have talked with the educational boards of poland as well as other universities in Poland and what Wroclaw is trying to do appears to be ILLEGAL.

Please anyone who is enrolled in the 2012/2013 entering class to wroclaw university in english, please respond and help support us against this issue. In summary wroclaw posted tuition fees for the 2012/2013 students, then students got their acceptance letters, the student agreed to the acceptance letter, wroclaw issues the official letter of enrollment back to the student which includes all fees, the student paid the fee. Now in August, University of wroclaw issues a new letter with new increased tuition fees and is asking for the remaining balance. I don't believe this is legal. The original agreement was signed months ago.

Other students of the medical/dentistry community please also give us your feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure this is late, but this is what I would have done: go to Wrocław University, and when it's time to pay, pay what you originally signed for. If there's any trouble, show them the paper for the amount that you signed for. Trust me, they probably won't give you much trouble.

To all students currently attending, applicants, and those who plan to attend:

Wroclaw has made changes to their tuition fees for 2012/2013 entering students. This comes as a shock as the original 2012/2013 fees were already posted months ago and were included in the acceptance letter and enrollment agreement. Now wroclaw has drastically increased the tuition fees this August months AFTER having issued acceptance letters and receiving word back from students. Now students have already signed to attend, it's too late to go to a different school and wroclaw raised the tuition fee by more than 2000 euro per year! My parents have talked with the educational boards of poland as well as other universities in Poland and what Wroclaw is trying to do appears to be ILLEGAL.

Please anyone who is enrolled in the 2012/2013 entering class to wroclaw university in english, please respond and help support us against this issue. In summary wroclaw posted tuition fees for the 2012/2013 students, then students got their acceptance letters, the student agreed to the acceptance letter, wroclaw issues the official letter of enrollment back to the student which includes all fees, the student paid the fee. Now in August, University of wroclaw issues a new letter with new increased tuition fees and is asking for the remaining balance. I don't believe this is legal. The original agreement was signed months ago.

Other students of the medical/dentistry community please also give us your feedback.

Hi, i'm class of 2011/2012 in wroclaw right now and my girlfriend is going through this situation directly. I think her (possibly your) class hired a lawyer and refused to pay the remainder of the fee until something resolves and are still waiting. To elaborate, part of the problem is that some students signed the traditional contract of 'X' amount per year and others were given a new contract 'X+4,000 euro' believing the tuition was the same as the traditional contract and distracted by the change in currency from Euro to PLN (polish zloty). The confusion is because some had been accepted but not mailed a contract to sign so when arriving to poland they went to the administrative office and under pressure and confusion signed the X+4,000 contract. Some even signed both and only after everyone was accepted and within a week of school having already arrived to poland the website was updated and hell broke loose. So the problem isn't that they're asking for more than what students signed for, it's that students were mislead into signing for more and some students yet are paying the original contract.

We've all had problems with this school and half truths or disorganization. This last year is especially frustrating having two class years merging and not enough places for lectures or classes.
Anyways, good luck OP. we'll talk again

Regards,

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck, I hate it when you not only have to deal with medical school, you have to deal with administration.