WSOA conference slanders podiatry - Seattle, WA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here is another video of Dr. Kohring MD bashing podiatry. This video is from one year ago.

She talks about podiatry at the end of the video at 10:15 minute mark. She states podiatrists don’t work in academic hospitals. She says podiatrists don’t train in academic centers as well.

She’s really making this strong opinion about podiatry because she’s fixed some complications from podiatry. I’ve fixed numerous complications dumped on me by orthopedists in my young career. We all have. Maybe ACFAS/APMA should host podiatrists and we can be petty and present all the previous orthopedic cases podiatrists have revised.

She has a problem with blatant lying. Something in her head just goes off and she makes up lies about podiatry without even doing any research. This is similar to how Bruce Sangeorzan thinks. Podiatry can never do right in his eyes. These people are unwillingly to be open minded and learn about our training and education to make a reasonable decision.

I see on her reviews there are a couple (fake) reviews about going to a podiatrist after seeing her. Drag those ratings down.

Members don't see this ad.

Why would they be fake?
"I saw her, she was short and rude, and seemed unsure of herself. I eventually went to a Fellowship trained DPM that did my surgery and I'm doing fantastic."

---- WHEW THANK GOODNESS FOR DPM FELLOWSHIPS!!!

idk 2 reviews within a day saying they went to a DPM to get fixed....

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"I saw her, she was short and rude, and seemed unsure of herself. I eventually went to a Fellowship trained DPM that did my surgery and I'm doing fantastic."

---- WHEW THANK GOODNESS FOR DPM FELLOWSHIPS!!!

idk 2 reviews within a day saying they went to a DPM to get fixed....

Yeah that doesn’t even sound realistic. Like the public knows that podiatry has fellowships. Secondly why does it matter that a podiatrist is fellowship trained? Cause it doesn’t

A Joint Statement from ABFAS, ACFAS, APMA, and WSPMA​

Last month, the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery, the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, the American Podiatric Medical Association, and the Washington State Podiatric Medical Association became aware of a damaging video of an orthopedic surgeon delivering a presentation on podiatric medical education and training. The presentation was delivered during a virtual educational meeting of the Washington State Orthopedic Association (WSOA).

ABFAS, ACFAS, APMA, and WSPMA acted swiftly and decisively to address this grossly inaccurate and misleading attack on podiatric medicine and surgery. Our organizations immediately requested that the video be removed from circulation, and we are pleased that the WSOA quickly complied with our request.

The four organizations also sent a letter to the president of WSOA detailing the many false and misleading statements in the video and providing accurate information about the education and training of our mutual members. We further requested that the presenter be apprised that her lack of honesty and integrity in delivering this misleading presentation were in violation of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery's Guidelines on Professional Behavior.

ABFAS, ACFAS, APMA, and WSPMA will engage in ongoing dialogue with the WSOA and national orthopedic associations to ensure their members and leaders are well-informed about podiatric medical education and to protect our mutual members from harm. Our organizations will report on any further developments in this situation.

Reactions: 2 users
hahah beat me to it..... I thought it was SDN members swift action that led to it being taken down

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Not going to lie I am still pretty heated by this orthopedic surgeon's ignorance. You just want to post this and tag them on instagram and call them a dumb biotch to their face but unfortunately we do have to act like a professional. But I am really struggling this time around to hold it together.

I was so upset that I nearly dropped my nail nippers

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I hope you lacerated your EHL and have toe drop

I'm sure that ortho surgeon lady can fix him right up.

You wouldn't dare trust his care to a lowly Podiatrist that isn't even required to complete any CME, would you?

• Haha
I hope you lacerated your EHL and have toe drop

Yes this happened but a podiatrist made a special balance brace for me and now I’m good.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes this happened but a podiatrist made a special balance brace for me and now I’m good.
Is the Balance Brace still reimbursing thousands of dollars??? Such a crook for inventing it and even more crooks believing it and dispensing them.

Is the Balance Brace still reimbursing thousands of dollars??? Such a crook for inventing it and even more crooks believing it and dispensing them.
I think it still is, but it's more of a loan. Medicare pays you a ton of money, and then 2 years later they ask for all of it back.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I think it still is, but it's more of a loan. Medicare pays you a ton of money, and then 2 years later they ask for all of it back.
So the inventor/owner (whom shall not be named) pockets this while his associates get burned 2 years down the road? Love it

So the inventor/owner (whom shall not be named) pockets this while his associates get burned 2 years down the road? Love it
Yeah. By Medicare guidelines the money comes straight out of the Associate's bank account without warning.

When insurance companies require payback it's with interest too, right? Do you know how much? Just curious.

Don't worry he has that Amerx money

EHL laceration? Pes Planus? Lower back pain? Diaper rash? Wicked hemorrhoids?

Nothing a HyProCure can’t remedy.