Program-Specific Info / Q's WUSTL MSOT/OTD 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alksaOT

Reaction score
Just wanted to create a thread specifically for anyone who applied to WUSTL this cycle. Does anyone have any updates?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! No updates yet - I heard potentially an admissions decision before Christmas though!

Yes, I also heard that they will start notifying ppl starting mid-december so maybe next week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I used this forum last year and wanted to come back since I'm now a grad student in the Wash U OT program! Hope you all hear back soon! :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hi!! How has your experience been so far?
It's been super cool! All the professors are actually like really nice, and its super collaborative here with students. A LOT of group work in all classes and projects. Not one exam this semester except one final in one of the classes! I also like STL everything is near by and easy to get to!

• Love
It's been super cool! All the professors are actually like really nice, and its super collaborative here with students. A LOT of group work in all classes and projects. Not one exam this semester except one final in one of the classes! I also like STL everything is near by and easy to get to!
In the midst of finals - THIS is what I needed to hear

In the midst of finals - THIS is what I needed to hear
Best of luck with finals and decisions with your apps!!! @ everyone that comes to this thread and gets accepted/decides to go to Wash U feel free to message me! :)

• Care
  • Love
Just got accepted!!! Congrats to all of those who have also!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. Congrats to everyone! I got accepted as well :) Where else has everyone applied? Is WashU your #1 choice or are you waiting for other answers? Also, where is everyone from? I'm in Kansas City. I've been invited for an interview with KU but they are not until the week of Jan 10th.

Is anyone planning on asking for an extension? I'm still waiting on a couple of schools to notify me around the same time decisions are due

Hi. Congrats to everyone! I got accepted as well :) Where else has everyone applied? Is WashU your #1 choice or are you waiting for other answers? Also, where is everyone from? I'm in Kansas City. I've been invited for an interview with KU but they are not until the week of Jan 10th.
Congrats to you too! The only other place I applied is UW Madison where I went to undergrad. WashU is my #1 bc it is closer to my home in Memphis. I’ve visited St Louis and have friends who go to WashU so I am excited to accept my offer.

• Love
Congrats to you too! The only other place I applied is UW Madison where I went to undergrad. WashU is my #1 bc it is closer to my home in Memphis. I’ve visited St Louis and have friends who go to WashU so I am excited to accept my offer.
I also applied UW Madison, which has been tied for my top choice with Boston this whole time. I received more financial support from Boston, so I'm going to see how it all shakes out. I LOVE Wash U, i just also want to do what makes the most financial sense.

• Love
I also applied UW Madison, which has been tied for my top choice with Boston this whole time. I received more financial support from Boston, so I'm going to see how it all shakes out. I LOVE Wash U, i just also want to do what makes the most financial sense.
i just got into UW today, but was not offered scholarship (not surprised). I loved my time at UW, but my experience with them has been that scholarships are really competitive and prioritized for in-state students. Regardless, you have 3 great schools to choose from!

Is anyone planning on asking for an extension? I'm still waiting on a couple of schools to notify me around the same time decisions are due
I was under the impression that you pretty much had to pay the deposit and then were just out the money if you chose a different school. Do schools give extensions?

i just got into UW today, but was not offered scholarship (not surprised). I loved my time at UW, but my experience with them has been that scholarships are really competitive and prioritized for in-state students. Regardless, you have 3 great schools to choose from!
Congrats, first off! I'm still waiting to hear. From what I can tell, Wisco might be cheaper/the same as Boston and Wash U if I get admitted even though I got schoalrships to both. Thanks for the info! and congrats again :)

I was under the impression that you pretty much had to pay the deposit and then were just out the money if you chose a different school. Do schools give extensions?
I did end up having to pay a deposit, but I was given a one-month extension when I asked and explained the financial implications behind the deposit (however, I was offered admission in October so it was much earlier in the acceptance game)!

Hello, just like my friend boopforsnoots I am also currently a 1st year OTD at WashU and have a GA position, if anyone has any questions feel free to reach out! Reaching out to current students helped me make my decision when I was in y'alls shoes:)

Hello, just like my friend boopforsnoots I am also currently a 1st year OTD at WashU and have a GA position, if anyone has any questions feel free to reach out! Reaching out to current students helped me make my decision when I was in y'alls shoes:)
WHO ARE YOU FRIEND

How much tuition does a GA position cover and how do we apply for one?

How much tuition does a GA position cover and how do we apply for one?
Hi! So while I believe I can use my GA money to help with tuition I've personally been using it to cover living expenses, so it pays for my groceries, gas, etc and averages out to around $400 a month, and pays hourly. I did not apply for it, it was awarded in my admissions letter and I believe is awarded throughout the admissions process. I have no idea what they used to pick GAs, but I wish I could be more helpful!

• Love
Hi! So while I believe I can use my GA money to help with tuition I've personally been using it to cover living expenses, so it pays for my groceries, gas, etc and averages out to around $400 a month, and pays hourly. I did not apply for it, it was awarded in my admissions letter and I believe is awarded throughout the admissions process. I have no idea what they used to pick GAs, but I wish I could be more helpful!
Thank you for your response! Unfortunately I didn't receive the GA position in my acceptance :/

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately I didn't receive the GA position in my acceptance :/
Hey congrats on getting in regardless! There are lots of other part-time jobs that are manageable with the program so far, at least in the first semester before things start ramping up, if that's something that will help you with finances!

• Care
Hey! Congrats on the acceptances. When did you apply to UW Madison?

Hey! Congrats on the acceptances. When did you apply to UW Madison?
I applied in late October. I was very surprised to hear back from them so soon. I went there for undergrad, so I’m suspecting thats why they looked at my application so early on.

If anyone in this thread decided to go to WashU and you’re comfortable with answering a few questions, please let me know! :)