WVSOM Class of 2015!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BradWV

Future DO (hopefully)
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for those accepted to WVSOM, and who will be attending there beginning fall of 2011! You can utilize this thread to make housing arrangements, ask questions about the town/ school, etc...

Congratulations everyone! See you in the fall of 2011!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The Class of 2014 made a facebook page about this time last year. We used it EXTENSIVELY until the beginning of orientation. It's helpful because it's way easier to get in contact with 2nd and 3rd years on fb. Good luck guys, hope to see you next year!

The Class of 2014 made a facebook page about this time last year. We used it EXTENSIVELY until the beginning of orientation. It's helpful because it's way easier to get in contact with 2nd and 3rd years on fb. Good luck guys, hope to see you next year!

Is there a certain protocol when it comes to making a facebook page for a group like this? I have never done something like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told to make a facebook group, so check it out if you want. WVSOM 2015 is the name.

I am a current 2nd year and agree that you should stay on Facebook if you want to be receive advice from current students. I do however have a house in Lewisburg that I will be renting out to incoming students as I move to go for rotations. I am making a website for it that is still a work in progress but here is the link if you are interested: www.lewisburgrental.net. If you have any questions for me, please visit the site and fill out the "contact" form as I do not check this site too often. Good luck and see you next year...

Hi all! Just got an interview invite for February 14 and would like to hear everyone's interview experiences (from any cycle, including this year's), overall thoughts on the school, and anything anybody would like to share about WVSOM. I'd love to hear from current students, too!

I've gone through WVSOM's threads and interview feedback section on SDN, but still thought I'd ask my questions in a post since there aren't too many recent ones regarding this school haha. Thanks everyone in advance :)

Heading here in the August, very encouraged by the rents I've seen so far. If anyone goes there now are there any neighborhoods you recommend or landlords to avoid?

Oh hey, I can post in here now. Groovy.

So for those that know, where's the best pizza in Lewisburg? It's quite important you see.

Hi all! Just got an interview invite for February 14 and would like to hear everyone's interview experiences (from any cycle, including this year's), overall thoughts on the school, and anything anybody would like to share about WVSOM. I'd love to hear from current students, too!

I've gone through WVSOM's threads and interview feedback section on SDN, but still thought I'd ask my questions in a post since there aren't too many recent ones regarding this school haha. Thanks everyone in advance :)

hello, i interviewed Nov 10th and i got the acceptance notice online about one week later. first of all, it was the friendliest school and all the staff go the extra mile. i was really impressed by the facilities. the tour lasted 1 1/2 hours, and we then went to eat lunch at a nice restaurant.

there where 7 other people interviewing at the time. i think wvsom interviews in small groups so that its more personalized. the interview itself was with three interviewers and was really casual and relaxed. it was a 30 min interview. overall i thought it was a great experience

Is anybody else having trouble with the housing section for rental properties on the WVSOM site? I can't get past the authentication required step. My user name and password is correct. I used to be able to view it fine, and now no matter what computer I use it doesn't work :eek:.

I have an apartment lined up but wanna look for potentially cheaper one if possible. Any ideas, or is anyone else having this problem?

Hey guys, Congratulations for being accepted to WVSOM. I think you will really like it here. My house is back on the market for rent if you are interested. Visit www.lewisburgrental.net for pictures. You guys can find roommates either on this forum on the facebook group for WVSOM Class of 2015. Please let me know if you have any questions. You can fill out the contact form at the website to get in touch with me. By the way...be careful with the school posting for housing. Many of the homes are very old and charge ridiculous amounts for the quality that they provide. I ran into this trap when I was looking. Good luck!

Is anybody else having trouble with the housing section for rental properties on the WVSOM site? I can't get past the authentication required step. My user name and password is correct. I used to be able to view it fine, and now no matter what computer I use it doesn't work :eek:.

I have an apartment lined up but wanna look for potentially cheaper one if possible. Any ideas, or is anyone else having this problem?

Site still works for me. Should I be looking already? I was planning on waiting until late Spring. Not that many posted on the site but there is a fairly wide price range.

Hi everyone! My name is Ana and I can't wait to meet you all in the fall! I'm really excited to begin medical school with all of you and I know we will have a challenging, but rewarding experience.
Has anyone found a good review book for the COMLEX? I'm going to get First Aid for the USMLE Step 1, but I was wondering if anyone knew a book particularly for the COMLEX (other than the OMT green book).
Again, I'm really looking forward to meeting you all in a few months. Take care!

trust me, do not worry about comlex....yet. enjoy your summer! because first year will come hard and fast, you will be too wrapped up in your courses to worry about comlex. it would be reasonable to start thinking about your first step come december or january of second year and even that may be too early for some. best of luck!!

Is anyone still looking for a place to live or apartments?

I'm still looking for a place to live.."I am MD" have you found a place yet?