WVU interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shane41

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have a WVU interview this weekend. In the packet they sent me they said that they make you write an essay. I dont want to know what the essay is or anything but how how much time do they give you to write it? Do they put you alone in a room? Also, is the interview stressful at all? Any help would be great. And yes I did read interview feedback but was trying to get a little more information on how the whole day will be.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I had my interview on November 18th. The writing exercise is nothing to worry about. They give you four question and you have to pick two of them and write a few sentences for each. You have ten minutes total. If its like my interview...when you go in you will sign in and get a nametag. You sit in a room with other students and wait til they come in. They will give you all the writing assignment and then you will go eat breakfast. After breakfast you will then follow whatever you schedule says. You will have to go to a panel discussion (you just ask students anything you want no pressure), you interview (only 30 minutes allotted, nothing major all the normal questions), then a break (45 minutes), a powerpoint presentation (given by the dental students), and a tour of the facilities....we started at 8 am and ended by 12 noon.

Are the essay questions random or dental related? And if you dont mind i have a few more questions. How many people interviewed you? Was it stressful or normal kind of questions?

Any help or more insight would be great. I really like WVU but I am an out of state resident with no ties really to the school so i need to do good at the interview. They dont take a whole lot of out of state applicants.

Do you know how many people they interview for the 50 total spots?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well the questions in the interview were basic..nothing dental related...i was interviewed by two people at the same time..open file....The essay questions are not dental related...just stuff about significant moments in your life you will be fine...The only time you are alone is when you are in the interview..all the other times you are with other students. I am an out of state student too but i have strong ties to wv being a marshall student but i asked the lady and she said they interviewed about 175 people last year and took 50 so its about a 28% chance overall but prolly less for out of state student..good luck and let me know how it goes.... [email protected]