X

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SilverSnow

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Um, you just finished second year of undergraduate, you are guaranteed a spot at a top 20 med school, and you are worried about not having to take the MCAT? Have I stated those facts correctly?

Reactions: 1 users
I have been privileged enough to get into a couple early assurance programs. Now that I have finalized my decision, I am slightly concerned about not having the experience for studying for a big exam like the MCAT. ...
Note that some EAP's prohibit you from taking the MCAT to maintain your seat in the class.

You probably got into an EAP because you scored very highly on other standardized tests like the SAT.

If you just want to take an MCAT prep course for fun, I guess you can do that. ... You could also gain fluency in another language like Arabic or Japanese (pick any non-Romanic language) if you want a challenge.

The reason why you have the privilege of not taking the MCAT is that you can focus more on your actual preparation for medical school in the form of taking other interesting non-science classes that may be relevant to your course of study. Again, take a foreign language.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You will have lots of big exams to study for in your remaining years of college.
Mainly keep up the good academic work you have been doing, read interesting medicine related things, and don't let yourself get complacent because you already have an assured admission. Even with a BS/MD track you will have benchmarks to maintain like a minimum GPA.

Reactions: 4 users
Um, you just finished second year of undergraduate, you are guaranteed a spot at a top 20 med school, and you are worried about not having to take the MCAT? Have I stated those facts correctly?
Yes.

Note that some EAP's prohibit you from taking the MCAT to maintain your seat in the class.

You probably got into an EAP because you scored very highly on other standardized tests like the SAT.

If you just want to take an MCAT prep course for fun, I guess you can do that. ... You could also gain fluency in another language like Arabic or Japanese (pick any non-Romanic language) if you want a challenge.

The reason why you have the privilege of not taking the MCAT is that you can focus more on your actual preparation for medical school in the form of taking other interesting non-science classes that may be relevant to your course of study. Again, take a foreign language.
I’m currently working on learning another language!

Reactions: 1 user