Xerox Hires Pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesL1585

TheAntiSavior?
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I was on Linkedin and saw one of my friends works for Xerox. Well, he was my friend in undergrad but I haven't talked since and I can't find him on Facebook (you have to pay for messages on Linkedin). So that leads my question, anyone know anything about this?

Members don't see this ad.

So, I was on Linkedin and saw one of my friends works for Xerox. Well, he was my friend in undergrad but I haven't talked since and I can't find him on Facebook (you have to pay for messages on Linkedin). So that leads my question, anyone know anything about this?

Xerox provides claims processing and auditing services to payors. Likely the position is in claims/auditing, PA review, or in systems analysis ... I know Xerox was hiring for lack of a better word informatics pharmacists to help develop their software a year or two ago .. May still be taking place... Otherwise it is a call / support center job , back office

yup - CSC, Xerox, ACS - (although come to think of it Xerox may have bought CSC?) - they all have medicaid contracts (claims processing, PA's, DUR, etc.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, ACS/Xerox hired a bunch of pharmacists 2 years ago in Houston and laid off 90% of them within 3 months.

Reactions: 2 users
Well, technically there are a lot of employers who just require a college degree, they don't care what the degree is in. So possibly he is working a job that has nothing to do with pharmacy (and took it either because he didn't like working as a pharmacist, or couldn't get a job as a pharmacist.)

I guess this job is the one of many that gets lumped into the "non-traditional" category when schools release the breakdown of employed graduates.

Too bad a large number of these jobs do not at all require a licensed pharmacist to get on the payroll.

They are the dinguses that come in and back bill your pharmacy because you forgot a comma or some nonsense on a hard copy. To hell with them. Your friend sucks now. Unfriend them.

They are the dinguses that come in and back bill your pharmacy because you forgot a comma or some nonsense on a hard copy. To hell with them. Your friend sucks now. Unfriend them.
We recently got a chargeback for "refill too soon." They didn't stop the claim when we processed it. They let us fill it, dispense it, and then lose the $ for it. Bastards.

That can't possibly be legal.

It shouldn't be legal. It sounds absolutely dumb, doesn't it? This is how the health care industry works unfortunately, and I still can't wrap my head around it how these things are allowed.

When our pharmacy got audited last year, the insurance company (I forget which payer) told us not to refill medications 3 days early for HIV patients. They only wanted HIV medications to be filled exactly every 30 days or after. Otherwise, they would recapture all the money on the claim. We said, "Well you're the one's allowing for the refill". They said it didn't matter whether they okay the refill it or not in their systems, but if prescriptions were submitted early that they would recapture the money on the claim in the future. Now,we fill HIV medications as close to 30 days as possible. It's a shame.

So yea, how is this legal? It's legal because there is no one there to fight for us. And if we want to fight, we don't have the manpower or the resources to fight. I can't fight on my own, as much as I try.

It shouldn't be legal. It sounds absolutely dumb, doesn't it? This is how the health care industry works unfortunately, and I still can't wrap my head around it how these things are allowed.

When our pharmacy got audited last year, the insurance company (I forget which payer) told us not to refill medications 3 days early for HIV patients. They only wanted HIV medications to be filled exactly every 30 days or after. Otherwise, they would recapture all the money on the claim. We said, "Well you're the one's allowing for the refill". They said it didn't matter whether they okay the refill it or not in their systems, but if prescriptions were submitted early that they would recapture the money on the claim in the future. Now,we fill HIV medications as close to 30 days as possible. It's a shame.

So yea, how is this legal? It's legal because there is no one there to fight for us. And if we want to fight, we don't have the manpower or the resources to fight. I can't fight on my own, as much as I try.

Unless it is in writing that you can only fill HIV meds every 30 days, they can't enforce some arbitrary number. I'd be going to court.