About the ads

Yale IM Residency

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by bob3, Apr 28, 2003.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. bob3

bob3 Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Yale residents have actually been known to fare a lot better when it comes to obtaining their top choices of fellowships when compared to Boston programs. Having said that, Yale is EXTREMELY competitive to get into, according to many attendings that I've dealt with at other institutions. The program is suited for someone looking for high powered fellowship positions. Interestingly, I know of five Yale medicine residents (traditional program) who adored the program, faculty, and even New Haven (as odd as that may seem). They always talk about very supportive faculty and residents. Residents are not back stabbers either, like in some of the Boston programs. Additionally, and I think of particular note, all 4 out of 5 of these residents began receiving offers from top academic fellowships close to the end of their 1st year! They were all told that Yale has an outstanding rep with the medical community at large and many Yale IM residents were therefore being given early options to interview at these programs! The two people I know at MGH were suprised when I mentioned this to them aand said they never heard of this. That says a lot about the Yale reputation.
  2. MTDR

MTDR

Medical Student
    Do you know what it takes to get into the Yale IM Program (aside from the LOR's, Dean's Letter, and PS - i.e. Step 1/2 averages, #/quality of publications, #/quality of volunteer experiences, etc)?
  3. Deferoxamine

Deferoxamine Non-smoking

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    :laugh:
    Bumping internet trolls from 10+ years ago <3
  4. johncalvin

johncalvin

SDN 5+ Year Member
    He's a strange kind of troll too; all he talks about is Yale this, Yale that. And he's been doing this for 8+ years now.
  5. Deferoxamine

Deferoxamine Non-smoking

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    The best part is how he completely hates on MGH / Brigham and asserts that they will have limited fellowship options if they do residency there.
  6. Instatewaiter

Instatewaiter Octogenarian with a Cr of 3... send a troponin

Fellow [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Which we all know is true. Those guys in Boston never get good fellowships.