Yale or Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toco

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am curious about these two schools admission crit. I graduated with a 3.27 gpa. however, my last two years of school i had a 3.5 average. in addition, i have to take about 6 courses for my prerequisite work (hopefully this shows a significant upward grade trend). i applied to become a cardiac technician and hope to start soon. by the time i apply to pa school i should have about 3000-3500 hrs of clinical. barring a satisfactory score on the gre, would my gpa and clinical be competitive at these two schools? if anyone currently attends or has recently applied or interviewed i would appreciate some insider's information as well an outsider's perspective. thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Toco,

If you are contemplating entering this profession for salary, then you are making a big mistake. You need to review some older posts regarding a SPA vs. Primary Care PA. Most MD's really don't discriminate bewteen th two, and if you enter a school with a Primary Care emphasis, then you can always beef up on your surgical rotations after completing the required rotations. Also if you attend a SPA program, then you are limited to really just surgery if you know what I mean. Spend some quality time in the OR before you jump to your conclusions. There are a number of diff residencies, etc. that can accomodate your needs after you graduate. I know several PAs that work in surgical subspecilities that graduated form Primary Care schools. Also, knowing how very competative it is now to get into programs, you better beef up on that GPA and start to attain medical exp now if you want an adcom to even consider you. There are PAs in Primary Care that can make an equivalent salary, you just have to be able to market yourself. By the way, do you have any surgical background? I think that you are blinded by the money factor.