Yale Personal Statement MPH Not on Website???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbs125

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone direct me to where the Yale MPH personal statement word limit, topic suggestions, or any guidelines are posted? I've been all over their website and can't seem to find anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone direct me to where the Yale MPH personal statement word limit, topic suggestions, or any guidelines are posted? I've been all over their website and can't seem to find anything.

I couldn't find any specifics on their site either. I e-mailed them a few months back and their reply was "
your essay should be approximately 1 – 1 ½ pages single spaced and address the following: in regard to Public Health, what are your past and present experiences and what are your plans after receiving an MPH degree. Let us know if you have further questions – Admissions"

Not all schools post their personal statement requirements. For length, you usually want it to be roughly 1-2 pages single spaced. Content wise, most schools just want to see the generic, why did you become interested, why would you be a good fit, what do you want to do with your degree.