Yay!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm finished with Hell Year, aka my P2 year. In other words, kiddos... I'm back. :)

Hi to all the newcomers!

Members don't see this ad.

One more final, and than P-2 year is DONE! My last final, no joke, pain management.

is the second year really that bad???

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS for all who just finished their 2nd year of RX-school! :hardy: I, myself am in the same boat. I felt like my 2nd year really make me feel like I was in pharmacy school. Learn sooooooo many things about pharmacy. Challenging year, but yet fun and do-able. Any UF'ers wanna share what it's like going into 3rd year? what things to look out for and which is the most stressful class? and what to expect when rotations roll around? thanks :)

is the second year really that bad???

depends on the school. At UNM it's 3rd year that's the killer, although with the new curriculum they just implemented they ran the 1st years ragged. 2nd year is our breather year (so sad it'll be over by 1200MST today. I'm scared of next year!)

They say third year is better because you have fewer hours. However, the hardest material belongs to third year. You also have some weird projects. You have the Business Plan and the presentation with 25 group members.

all done here too! so relieved.

I don't like not knowing my grades but I'll deal until Monday. 2 down, 2 to go!

CONGRATS for all who just finished their 2nd year of RX-school! :hardy: I, myself am in the same boat. I felt like my 2nd year really make me feel like I was in pharmacy school. Learn sooooooo many things about pharmacy. Challenging year, but yet fun and do-able. Any UF'ers wanna share what it's like going into 3rd year? what things to look out for and which is the most stressful class? and what to expect when rotations roll around? thanks :)

Year 3 is the worst at UF. The classes aren't hard, but it's at double speed. You don't get a chance to stop and relax. PTX is the most stressful.

Rotations are like being on vacation compared to school.

So I'm finished with Hell Year, aka my P2 year. In other words, kiddos... I'm back. :)

Hi to all the newcomers!

Great to see you back!

Not the lowest man on the totem pole any more.
Hell Year is next...:D

Year 3 is the worst at UF. The classes aren't hard, but it's at double speed. You don't get a chance to stop and relax. PTX is the most stressful.

Rotations are like being on vacation compared to school.

Some weeks of 3rd year were awful but for the most part I think 2nd year was worse for me. Second semester of 3rd year was much better for me. I think a lot of it depends on where you live...I live 25min from school so it wasn't too bad going to school everyday. I think it depends on the campus and personal factors. Good luck everyone :)

~Pam

Some weeks of 3rd year were awful but for the most part I think 2nd year was worse for me. Second semester of 3rd year was much better for me. I think a lot of it depends on where you live...I live 25min from school so it wasn't too bad going to school everyday. I think it depends on the campus and personal factors. Good luck everyone :)

~Pam
Hopefully 3rd year goes this way for me!!! I thought 2nd year was absolute hell. Any tips for us upcoming 3PD's?

yes, any tips or advice from 4PD's on our 3rd year would be greatly appreciated. How is the outcomes course? and how to prepare for the cases in PTX 4 during the summer, does the cases change from yr to yr? thanks.