yea, AAMC sbumitted!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wends

Tigress in Training
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
it took me forever, but I finally pressed the button and sent the thing off. now its time to twiddle my thumbs and wait!

i cant get in my LOR's until september, when i go back to school. is that a bit late?

Members don't see this ad.

wends said:
it took me forever, but I finally pressed the button and sent the thing off. now its time to twiddle my thumbs and wait!

i cant get in my LOR's until september, when i go back to school. is that a bit late?

It's AMCAS, first of all, and second: thousands of others have submitted it too. You're not special.

ugh, why the diss? i didnt say i was special, i'm just glad i'm finished. dont be an dingus, just be happy

Members don't see this ad :)
wends said:
ugh, why the diss? i didnt say i was special, i'm just glad i'm finished. dont be an dingus, just be happy

Everyone is going to start one of these stupid threads and clog SDN up with their sewage. We have to nip it in the bud right now.

Spitting Camel said:
Everyone is going to start one of these stupid threads and clog SDN up with their sewage. We have to nip it in the bud right now.

thats fine but dont be an dingus. you didnt have to be so harsh

wends said:
thats fine but dont be an dingus. you didnt have to be so harsh

I think the word you are using can get your account frozen, so I would be careful with your word choice. Sorry if you got butt-hurt over it.

I agree with Spitting Camel here. It's gonna be lame if everyone posts, "I've pressed the submit button and my AMCAS has been sent! Yay!" Just tell your real life friends or something. I mean, how can people on this board really respond to a post like that?

The rule here is that posts either have to be informative, inquisitive, or entertaining. I'm not sure "I submitted my AMCAS" is any of those.

The "premed girls aren't hot" thread was neither informative or inquisitive (though the informative part can be argued--I learned a lot about how premed chicks feel about themselves) but it was definately entertaining.

I have to say, I like your last line though. "Don't be an dingus, be happy." If only it were so easy to command people to stop being disagreeable to you and become filled with joy, the world would be a simple place.

wends...since you DID ask a question....september wasn't too late for me to ask for LORs when i applied, but if you can, you might want to email/call the profs this summer, let them know you want them to write an LOR. this will give them time to think about it, and just maybe finish something a little early.

as for submitting your app, congrats. that thing is a pain in the butt. good luck this interview season :luck:

(they're right though. might want to lose the language) ;)

Congrats Wends :) I'm sure it's a load off your mind to be done with the application. I know I was relieved last year!

If you can contact your professors sooner, I would suggest it because some schools do start looking at your application in the later summer months. But I don't think it will be that big of a deal if you can't.

This board is for information, support, and a place to vent. :cool:

thanks lisa and lindyloohoo, its seems that everyone has a pre-med committee that helps them. i think im just going to wait until september, cause i do want to go and see my professors

im sorry if this thread is stupid and lame, but i did ask a question but i guess some people missed that

wends said:
thanks lisa and lindyloohoo, its seems that everyone has a pre-med committee that helps them. i think im just going to wait until september, cause i do want to go and see my professors

im sorry if this thread is stupid and lame, but i did ask a question but i guess some people missed that
I could have cared less if you didn't ask a question :D I KNOW that a lot of people use this board for support AS WELL as info, it's not just you.

I agree with both.
Congrats for submitting, w. It's a long road for us, but at least we've begun. Best of luck.

Camel, true all that. I'm glad that folks have submitted, but everyone letting us know isn't necessary.

dc

wends said:

what u want - a cookie??

Members don't see this ad :)
i would..i mean i have yet to start mine....OH YAY i have a username now * sarcasm * ..sorry bad day :: walks away muttering ::

:rolleyes: this process is stressful enough, why make it more unpleasant.

CaptainJack02 said:
what u want - a cookie??

lmao, do you have one for me? take a chill pill man, go spaz at someone who gives a rats behind

You might consider emailing them sooner because professors can LAG with LORs.

I agree whole-heartedly with Lisa that this board is also used for support. Lisa, you rock.

wends said:

Why be so harsh on the OP? She or he posed a legitimate piece of news,and also asked a relevant question. Lets stop being nasty here. No one owns this board, or should feel that they have a special privilege to censor people's posts.

Wends - congrats on submitting! All the best to you

thanks triple degree....i'm definately going to keep posting news about my app, i just joined a month ago and i thought this forum was supposed to be supportive, i'm kinda shocked at some of the posts i;ve read. there's one in the allo about a girl who wears her med ID, and she was blasted to bits...

idq, how has your experience been? where are you going next year?

wends said:
thanks triple degree....i'm definately going to keep posting news about my app, i just joined a month ago and i thought this forum was supposed to be supportive, i'm kinda shocked at some of the posts i;ve read. there's one in the allo about a girl who wears her med ID, and she was blasted to bits...

idq, how has your experience been? where are you going next year?

Yeah this forum IS supposed to be supportive. I've been blasted on a couple of innocent questions myself.... the name "Alexander99" comes to mind.

Anyway, keep rocking. Hope you make it in

wends,

although i dont' particularly agree with you setting up a thread about your AMCAS submission, i agree with your right to create a thread...HENCE, I SUPPORT YOU 100% :clap:
lately, SDN's been having a lot of harsh censors roaming around, barking at people for starting threads that they don't find "inquisitive, informative, or entertaining." I didn't realize that everyone has the right to dictate what people should/should not be saying...I was under the false assumption that the moderators have that job ;) personally don't agree with half of the things people say here in SDN..but I make an active decision not to go on other people's threads, telling them how wasteful or silly i think their posts are..it's not my place to do that...

So, keep posting! And, best wishes with your application!!! :D

TripleDegree said:
Yeah this forum IS supposed to be supportive. I've been blasted on a couple of innocent questions myself.... the name "Alexander99" comes to mind.

Anyway, keep rocking. Hope you make it in

LOL! I had forgotten all about you. You're still bitter about my little comment in regards to your pompous claim that "doctors command respect?" Move on man. That was a lifetime ago on SDN time. Go work on your fourth degree so you can call yourself "QuadrupleDegree" or something.

I kinda agree with spittingcamel and those guys. Perhaps he was being straight-foward and honest, but what do you want him to say? "I believe, in my honest opinion, that you're wasting my time and everyone elses on here and I wish you would stop?"

As for the LOR's: they don't have to be turned in into you send in your secondaries. However, some secondaries can be sent to you in August and so it might penalize you somewhat. I would have worked on getting those letters written this past semester, but obviously there is nothing to do about it now.

Good luck with the whole process, but just remember, chances are people on here don't want to trace every step you make in the process.

wends said:
i'm definately going to keep posting news about my app

Please don't. Some guy on here started posting his blog in his own thread and kept updating every day. Unfortunately, people don't care about every step you take in a day, or in the med school process. We are supportive and we answer questions and help people out, but for example, you sending your application to a school doesn't call for a new post on SDN. If you ahve a question about a school, a secondary, etc, then by all means ask and we can help you out, but please please please don't make this your "YAY ME!!!" forum.

actually, True, it wouldve been more helpful if Splitting Camel told me in the way you said instead of what he originally said. telling me that im not special doesnt really get that across, it just obnoxious and quite frankly hurtful. I did ask a questions along with my post, thanks for answering, and i do ask questions in all of my threads and i will continue to do so. I'm not going to post "AMCAS emailed me..." everyday. i saw a thread about submitting a few pages back, and it was full of encouraging words. i thought that when applicants saw this it would help them get moving and apply too, since when i see people moving ahead, i feel the pumped to do so too.

is it entertaining, intelluctually stimulating to make a thread about what threads not to make??

anyway, to each their own, maybe im getting too addicted to SDN!

wends, if you found spittingcamel's comments to be hurtful, you have to lighten up and roll with the punches. You will most certainly encounter more abrasive comments and people in medicine. It happens. I saw a stat not long ago that said 84% of med students said they were at one point belittled by a professor during their time in medical school. Is it true? Only time will tell, but you have to prepare yourself nonetheless.
Sometimes, it's just best to come out and tell someone what you feel without the bs. Gets the message across quicker :)

yeah, true, im beginning to grow a thicker skin, maybe this forum will help.

one last word: i find it ironic that the same person who told me not to post
Yay me threads posted one about "Yay financial aid came". lol, i hope we can be friends.

wends said:
yeah, true, im beginning to grow a thicker skin, maybe this forum will help.

one last word: i find it ironic that the same person who told me not to post
Yay me threads posted one about "Yay financial aid came". lol, i hope we can be friends.

Are you saying I posted a thread about my financial aid arriving? Interesting, could you please give me a link to the thread, as I really don't remember starting a thread to discuss the arrival of my financial aid. The only time I ever even discussed my fa is here:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=109013&page=9&pp=25

on the MSSM thread and that was in response to someone else mentioning that they got their FA and they had a question on when we had to send it back. If you have another link, i'd love to see it.

Bump.

YAY ME!!!

I've got to say that this is one of the most annoying threads I've ever read. What a grand waste of everyone's time. Splitting Camel, if you don't like the thread, which stated clearly its purpose in the topic, then don't click on it. Wends, there's absolutelyno need to get so upset or hurt over a comment like that. If you are so hurt over a harmless comment on SDN, how are you gonna handle med school rejections? So since someone has answered Wends question, can we just move on?