Yet another What to do post...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heliochrome85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I'm trying to decide what is my next step in this process. I graduated from Indiana University last year with B.S. Biology, B.A. History. I also recieved 3 minors. In addition I am completing a M.S. of Biology at the end of the month. Due to health issues, my undergrad gpa was not nearly what it should have been and has kept me from being accepted until this point. Stats:
U-GPA: 3.1
U-Sci Gpa: 2.8
Grad GPA: 3.3
MCAT: 33-S

Ideally, I want to get in to a US school, but that seems highly unlikely due to my gpa. I have done some reading into the big 4 and if i were to go to the caribbean, those would be of the most interst to me. What are my chances? Any thoughts otherwise?

This next application cycle would be #3 for MD and #2 for DO..

For DO, I applied later than I should have which probably was the deciding factor on my application.

Members don't see this ad.

apply right now now for do since the application is up, you should get in.

I'd do post-bac work to bring that GPA up. If you're considering DO schools, retake the classes where you did poorly.

Best of luck.

OP - It has come to our attention that you posted a similar question in the Caribbean MD forum - Our terms of service do not allow users to ask the same question multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.